A couple of Camp knives fresh from the shop.

I don't do very many fixed blades so I figured I'd share.

Attachments

• IMG_4821.jpg
    IMG_4821.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_4833.jpg
    IMG_4833.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 362
Nice. I like the hamon on the first set (of course I find the figured wood most attractive, being an old Codger). First set also showes a very defined fine line between the fuller and the bevel. A very nice detail, IMHO. Second set seems to have it too, but I understand it is hard to get it to show up in a photo. I am pleased to see you venture over to the dark side with some nice fixed blades! :thumbup:

Michael

One would never know you don't make many fixed-blades from the looks of those two.
The handles look as though they could be used for hours in comfort. Very nice. :thumbup::thumbup:

very nice! I have enjoyed your work since I got a snap on chive and a snap on scallion when they first hit the market.

Very nice Ken, love the whole package and as was stated, those handles look extremely comfortable. I would just like to add that having makers of this calibre post on this site truly shows how lucky we are to have it. I am a member of several forums of different interests, archery, hockey goaltending, audio, etc. it is very rare in any other forum I frequent to ever see a post by anyone nearly as prolific or influential to that community.

you got style for miles!

Very very nice ,I would love to see your interpretation of a bushcraft knife ,well done

What steel did you use for the blades, and what handle material?
The knives look awesome as does all your work!!

I'm a big fan of theses!! Love the belly & pointy enough to penetrate the hide of any animal!

Thanks a million for the kind comments. The blades are CPM3V and about .250 thick flat ground to about .015 and then convexed to zero. the hamon is fake.Blade length is 7 inches.I did an acid wash finish on the blade to give them some character . They looked to shiny with a hand polish and didn't match the look of the knife IMHO. The wood is curly Koa and the other two are green canvas micarta. Now I just gotta see if I remember how to make sheaths.

I haven't made more that a couple dozen fixed blades in the last decade. I used to make a good amount of them but the folder bug got me and I don't care much about making sheaths so I just kinda stopped. These were fun to make and I intend on doing more fixed knives in the future.

man they are awesome.i can be in kaneohe in 30 min.:) :) hogs would be running if they seen this blade..

Back