A couple of red knives

Today, I got a couple of knives with red handles, and I'm liking both of them just fine. One of them is not a traditional, but is a fairly traditional design, like a Scout knife.

The first one I picked up for twenty dollars ar Dick's Sporting Goods. I needed a knife for traveling, and while I already have some SAKs, the one I wanted to take has sentimental value. I also had a Dick's gift card, so it was the logical choice to go there. I was hoping to get a Wenger SI, but the one I got suits me just fine.

201008610.jpg

It's a Wenger Canyon, and it's going to be accompanying me to Switzerland. Fit and finish is near perfect, and the blades are very sharp. It is a very slim and light knife, like my Recruit, but it also has the added benefit of an awl you can actually use without cutting yourself, and a Phillips driver. I like this knife- it will be a good compliment to the Classic and small LED I am taking. And don't ask about the light, it's a Rayovac.

The second knife, while still red, is completely different. It is a traditional alipjoint, a Case Wharncliffe Copperhead with CV blades and red bone. It must have been one of the last ones SHC had, because I don't see them on the website anymore, and I can't find a picture. It is a very nice knife, and very sharp. The red bone, while a bit gaudy, is nice looking, and fit and finish is impeccable. I will be carrying this knife until I leave, which is in three days, so not much time to test it out. I do, however, expect it ot get a nice patina over time. I like this knife, a lot. It is my first two-blade jack, and I'm already hooked. The only thing I don't like is the half stop, it intereferes with closing.

Great knife choices on both of these patterns!!.:thumbup:

And happy travels to you on your journey to there and back!!.:)

Many Blessings,

Anthony

I recently picked up a copperhead like that. Nice knife, just wish it was a bit smaller and lighter. That long Wharncliff balde is nice for slicng steak though :)

Back