A day at the Rennaisance Faire

We spent the day at the St. Louis area version today, out near Wentzville. Absolutely perfect day; 70s, partly cloudy, nice breeze all day....

This is a great time. For the KnifeKnuts, there are plenty of bladed weapons about, not only for sale but being carried by all the pirates, bravos, swashbucklers, knights, and whatever.
some of the vendors had some very nice pieces indeed.

Lots of entertainment, from singing pirates to naughty bar-wenches to full-on jousting. Unfortunately, it was too muddy (it had rained all week previous) for proper jousting, so the bold knights (one of whom was quite treacherous!) had to fight afoot. Made a good show of it, I must say.

Plenty of good food and drink as well. We tried "cannonballs" for the first time, that's French-fried (in funnel-cake dough) Oreos. Absolutely sinful.

A great time was had by all!

Sweet! The Ren faire in KC starts on Labor day and runs though Halloween. We usually make a trip around my birthday (end of Sept.) Great fun for the kids. Checking out the ladies in their "boost-'em-ups" is fun for the dads! :D

We have the full-on jousting as well. (probably the same people who do your show does ours as well)

My favorite is the full Blacksmith shop. Very knowledgeable and willing to answer newb/doofus questions. I could sit and watch them all day. The chainmaille tables are cool too.

I LOVE Rennaisance Faires!! They are such fun!! I can't wait for the King Richard's Faire to come to my area this year. We have missed it the last 2 years for various reasons.

We used to go to one out in CA. that was just incredible! We really enjoyed the one we went to in MI. as well.

The KC fair is great, but you definatly gotta hit the one outside of Colorado Springs.

My favorite thing about the fairs (well aside from getting in for free, and the occasional bellydancer that actually knows what they are doing) is just overhearing conversations that usuially wind up with "Is this battle ready" when you turn around and notice some rennie holding a 10 dollar made in pakastan sword. cracks me up every time.

Funny thing though, I actually filled out an application and went to a job interview held by Midevil times. (I was gonna be a jouster)

Back