A different kind of EDC (several pics)

cpirtle

Leathercrafter
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Been working on this in my "spare" time since Turkey Day and thought I'd share it with you.

I call it the EDC, Every Day Cabinet.

I've wanted a place to keep all of the things I like to root through on a daily basis when deciding what to carry.

Knives, carry guns, sheaths, holsters, gadgets, pens, wallet, keys, cell, cell cases etc...

It's made from a combination of some new and some reclaimed wood. Primarily Oak but it also has some Cherry as well as Maple and Black Walnut in the top.

There are 7 drawers, 4 - 3" and 3 - 4", there is also a 2 shelf cabinet on the bottom for extra storage of paraphernalia. The drawers have full extension 150 pound ball bearing slides and are lined in OD wool felt.

Sorry for the nappy white sheet, the walls in my office are knotty pine and the pictures just weren't coming out with that as a back drop.

Thanks for looking!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That looks like some excellent wood working.I would bet there were alot of hours put into building that EDC.The contrasts in the pic. of the top look great.Congrats.

now that's a nice gadget-cabinet :cool: , definitely a skillfully done job. i'd like to make stuff out of wood myself too but one can also tell that i did it, because mine always look crude and functional, but mostly.....sloppy. :)

nice website too! i was drooling all over the pics of the customized AMK Sere2000 and Emerson Persian! awesome job! :eek:

everybody, check out these wicked customizations by Chad! how classy the SERE looks, and that Persian sure is wicked!

http://www.pirtleranch.com/images/customized/sere.jpg

http://www.pirtleranch.com/images/customized/persian1.jpg

i'm very impressed Chad. i once wanted to put rosewood-scales on my sere2000; i had been busy with it for quite some days, after in a split-second it happened: i cut one the scales too small, and all work had been for nothing...... :( :mad: .

i cringed at the sight off it and almost got enraged. i tossed the wood in teh garbage bin, glued the G10-scales back on the sere with power-glue and sold off the sere :grumpy: . by then i even had to GLUE the little screws back in the scales, because the 1mm-allen screws were very flimsy and easily damaged and i had stripped them in the process.

denn

I hope you told the buyer how good a deal he was getting, especially considering what you had invested in super glue! :)

ofcourse, the buyer knew what he was buying: a mangled former vallotton dual-action sere, that cost me $350 and sold it to him for $40. after my tinkering and tampering it had become a manual sere, and it still worked fine.

although, now that you mention the glue-thing, i think i forgot to mention that part of the knife's history to the buyer...........oh well. :eek:

THATS AWESOME!! I really wish I had the talent to make something like that. I need to save up and buy a nice chest I am sick of the display case route. The only decent ones I have seen for sale that appeal to me are $500+ and its hard for me to pass on a custom folder when the funds are there.

VERY NICE!!!

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

You skills are mad..............or something like that. ;) :D

Sorry for the delayed reply, been tied up with the holidays and on starting a new remodeling project.

Thanks for all of the great comments! This was a fun one to make and long overdue.

Dennis75, don't worry about messing up your knife, I have skeletons of 3 or 4 knives buried down in my shop that were projects that went bad. One was a $150 knife that was just damaged pieces and no salvagable parts left. When I mess something up I just walk away for a while and try again another time.

Chad, i'm almost afraid to ask, but errr.....is there any chance you're selling those beauties? i'd buy the s2k, persian, mach1 and bm31 in a split-second :D

dennis

PS. if so, pop me a mail at denn75@wanadoo.nl

Sorry Dennis, they've all found new homes since being made, appreciate the offer though.

I usually make them and sell them. I get most of the enjoyment out of doing the work.

The only one I've ever seen come back up on the secondary market was the red inlayed MOD CQD. I'd love to find the Ivory MT SOCOM again some day, really miss that one.

Very, very nice, Chad. But, it looks like it would be kinda hard to carry around. (man, I can't believe nobody else beat me to that one!) :D

Danbo said:
Very, very nice, Chad. But, it looks like it would be kinda hard to carry around. (man, I can't believe nobody else beat me to that one!) :D
You just have to use a furniture dolly to get it moving. But he could be the ultimate mall ninja want-a-be icon. Every knife he owns right at hand. :D :eek: :D

very nice work....can you feel the jealousy pings all the way from Arkansas?

labor of love, for sure....

I have one of those....in my mind still....:(

:footinmou

Back