A different swisstool

Ive just had my vic swisstool replaced under guarantee (i bent the screwdriver on the bottle opener ) .First class service from the British importers Burton McCall .The first thing i noticed is the holes in the springs for the pliers have more of a slot shape rather then the round hole in my old one and when you open the handles there is more of a click and there is a groove so the handles stay open half way say if you were using the ruler .Also the wire cutters are slightly different there is two slots for hard wire one slightly smaller then the other.Does anyone else know anything about these changes ? everything else on the tool is just the same as my old one.

Thanks

dunc

I just bought a couple of ST a few weeks ago so I don't know about the original config. The slot in the pliers spring is for a cork screw.

Also, I bought the ST X which has scissors knife blade and file combo. The other 2 configs are-----

serrated seatbelt cutter, scissors, knife blade---RS

And serrated blade, smooth blade and file-----R?

I would think that the differences are tweaks to the original design to improve upon the easiness and effectiveness of the tool to use.

Another thing ive noticed is when the handles are open with the pliers facing upwards the bottom jaw is on the left and was on the right on my old one .After looking on the net ive found that they look just like the ones on the new spirit but not sure if there the same size and the swisstool hasnt as much of a needle nose .I think as Bodieism said i may have a new improved latest model .

thanks

dunc

dunc5 said:
Another thing ive noticed is when the handles are open with the pliers facing upwards the bottom jaw is on the left and was on the right on my old one .After looking on the net ive found that they look just like the ones on the new spirit but not sure if there the same size and the swisstool hasnt as much of a needle nose .I think as Bodieism said i may have a new improved latest model .

thanks

dunc

Just thought id bring this one back to the top to see if anyone could shed some new lite on it .

I just bought a Swisstool X last week and it's also got the same features that your new Swisstool has. I thought the slots in the plier springs were just lanyard holes. I guess they serve multiple purposes.

Thanks for the reply but ive yet to see a pic on the net of one like mine (yours ) , i think they might be the new production but there must be alot of old stock about in shops and maybe all the websites dont feel the need to update there pics .

Dunc

Back