A fake Rat 1 ?

Here are the photos:

jE0NEZJ.png

aO0wIq7.png

Last edited:
Yeah. It looks legit to me, but the standoffs aren’t showing. The box, bubble wrap, the jimping, thumb stud, and lettering on the blade all look right. Should look a little more polished when new though. Has this been sitting around for awhile? If you bought from a reputable dealer there’s no reason to suspect it’s a fake.

Last edited:
I bought it from the only local dealer that sells the Rat 1 in D2, but it took them 2 weeks to deliver (even though it said it was in stock). I won't name names, but the site does sell several brands of knives, but does not have a good reputation of delivering on time.

Here is a photo of the standoffs in the knife. I have taken it apart personally, so I know there is no D shape to them (you can flip them around as you wish, they still work both ways).

gM5g3YF.png
BGpfQdG

Last edited:
I bought it from the only local dealer that sells the Rat 1 in D2, but it took them 2 weeks to deliver (even though it said it was in stock).

Here is a photo of the standoffs in the knife. I have taken it apart personally, so I know there is no D shape to them (you can flip them around as you wish, they still work both ways).

gM5g3YF.png
BGpfQdG

Were the standoff’s “free spinning” while attached to one side? Were the torx screws the correct size(6&9)?
Is this knife still considered a budget folder in Europe? If you think the dealer pulled a fast one on you this might be non-trivial, as there would be higher profit incentive for them to do so.

No, they were not free spinning if I have tightened them down with the Torx on one side (this is hard to do as you have to try to hold onto the tiny little stand off that wants to spin around)

Size seems correct to me for the Torx screws. They are not made of "cheese".

Update: I partially disassembled it yet again, the Stand-Offs are indeed round on both sides, as are the liners, there is no D shape on either side of the Stand-Offs, nor either of the liners.

Other than that, when compared to the video that Shabazz has done for disassembly, it is 100% the same (washers and all) with the exception of the D shaped Stand-Offs.

Last edited:
I'm going to say your knife is real. I have two Rat 1s, one in AUS-8 the other in D2, both have round stand offs. Also both were bought from knife dealers who are members of the forum, so I trust them to be real. The only fake Rat 1 I've seen was on the big river sight, some brand never heard of offered in either 8cr13mov or something similar. Not sure why the one in Shabazz's video would have D shaped stand offs.

Thanks everyone for your help and answers. I agree, it's a genuine Rat 1 (the only thing really going against it were the non-D shaped Stand-Offs and the slightly shady website that took 2 weeks to deliver an item in stock).

Here's the Shabazz video, mentions the D Stand-Offs at +/- 02:25 :

Back