Pictures here! A favorite woods combo

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by wildmanh, Mar 24, 2018.

1. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    Thought I would share one of my favorite woods combos. EDKarda and 12" Machete. Good blades from a good company. You can tell that a lot of thought went into their design.

It's been a while since I used the Fiddleback machete. It's an amazing blade. Hold the handle further back and it's a chopper, hold it close to the blade and it will carve like a knife. No choil, just a comfortable multi-position handle. Works great as a big knife or machete.

fiddlebacks_01_resize.jpg fiddlebacks_02_resize.jpg fiddlebacks_03_resize.jpg fiddlebacks_04_resize.jpg

2. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    I like the EDK paired with a larger model myself. About 5 years ago in Michigan I paired one with a Camp Knife.
    [​IMG]

3. wildmanh

Jul 9, 2000
    Sweet Combo, thanks for sharing!

hasco and B Griffin like this.
  4. catalystman80

catalystman80

May 1, 2013
    Great combo gents, I personally love this type of combination. I often carry a small knife that's a great slicer (such as my bushcraft karda) and a hatchet or a small bushcraft axe. Will have to take a photo of the combo one of these days.

Bmurray, wildmanh and hasco like this.
  5. wildmanh

Jul 9, 2000
    Please do, I'd love to see them.

catalystman80 likes this.
  6. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Love the combo Heber. That machete was EARLY. What a nightmare they are to grind, and learning that was an um... challenge. That micarta aged beautifully!

wildmanh likes this.
  7. wildmanh

Jul 9, 2000
    Andy, got it from you in the spring of 2011. Its one of my all time favorite blades! Love the handle. Wish more big blades had such versatile handles. The natural Micarta sure is nice!