Pictures here! A favorite woods combo

wildmanh

Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker
Thought I would share one of my favorite woods combos. EDKarda and 12" Machete. Good blades from a good company. You can tell that a lot of thought went into their design.

It's been a while since I used the Fiddleback machete. It's an amazing blade. Hold the handle further back and it's a chopper, hold it close to the blade and it will carve like a knife. No choil, just a comfortable multi-position handle. Works great as a big knife or machete.

fiddlebacks_01_resize.jpg fiddlebacks_02_resize.jpg fiddlebacks_03_resize.jpg fiddlebacks_04_resize.jpg

I like the EDK paired with a larger model myself. About 5 years ago in Michigan I paired one with a Camp Knife.
DSC_0890a.jpg

Great combo gents, I personally love this type of combination. I often carry a small knife that's a great slicer (such as my bushcraft karda) and a hatchet or a small bushcraft axe. Will have to take a photo of the combo one of these days.

Great combo gents, I personally love this type of combination. I often carry a small knife that's a great slicer (such as my bushcraft karda) and a hatchet or a small bushcraft axe. Will have to take a photo of the combo one of these days.

Please do, I'd love to see them.

Love the combo Heber. That machete was EARLY. What a nightmare they are to grind, and learning that was an um... challenge. That micarta aged beautifully!

Love the combo Heber. That machete was EARLY. What a nightmare they are to grind, and learning that was an um... challenge. That micarta aged beautifully!
Andy, got it from you in the spring of 2011. Its one of my all time favorite blades! Love the handle. Wish more big blades had such versatile handles. The natural Micarta sure is nice!

Back