A few cheap flea market finds

Been pretty busy this summer and havent had much of a chance to go knife hunting till today. Hit a little flea market along the side of the road and got off darn cheap too. 1 schrade, 1 craftsman, 1 western and a cattaragus. The craftsman is a 1967479 and it appears to have spent its whole life in its sheath. They are all in pretty good shape for the most part and I dont have too many craftsman knives anyway so I was thrilled with that and the little scrimshaw barlow. I gave $5 bucks for the western 3 blade which I thought was a nice fit for the pocket as well. - Joel
fleamarketknives002.jpg

fleamarketknives003.jpg

I love the JIMPING on the top knife!!!

The Western is an L66, right?
Boulder?
Pat Pend. #??

western is a 658 it says on the reverse of the main blade. and it dosent say boulder just " western USA".

Rusty1

Gold Member
Nice grab, sometimes visiting flea markets on a regular basis can become frustrating if you don't find anything, looks like it payed to stay away for a while.

Russell

western is a 658 it says on the reverse of the main blade. and it dosent say boulder just " western USA".

I mean the 2nd fixed blade from the top
The one with the Western oak leaf sheath
You know!!
The one with the BIFURCATED pommel :eek:;);)
It looks like an L66...

Trent thats a craftsman knife. the sheath Im not sure of it just came with the knife.- Joel

Trent Im sure your right but the tang stamp says Craftsman, now whoever made it for craftsman if up to you? you tell me.- now as far as the leaves go I thought it was poison ivy,LOL Joel

but the tang stamp says Craftsman
You gotta hang out in Mr. Levines forum more often!!!!
I have the strong urge to write something like:
IGNORE what the markings happen to say

This is actually a good example of the knowledge of ID methodology I have learned here in BF :thumbup:
A year or so ago I would have went to bed thinking Craftsman MADE the knife in one of their factories
Maybe they just did a little retooling? :eek::confused:

I could tell INSTANTLY by looking at the TWO pins in the pommel it was a BIFURCATED tang
(I love tossing that word out loosely..makes me look smart ;))
I had never even NOTICED the 2 pins on my Westerns
Then Codger came along with this bifurcated term I had to look up in the dictionary

I wonder if there is a TRIfurcated tang design somewhere??
"It's ONE louder....".....

Trent Im not completely stupid I never assumed craftsman made the knife you assumed that. I just said It didint "say" western, or camillus. and the research I did didint piont me in one positive direction or the other.- Joel

Codger_64

I remember back in the winter of '53 sitting on my Pa's knee looking at knives in the Sears Roebuck catalog.
28gzij5.jpg

2e3y45v.jpg

14xf6kw.jpg