A few kitchen cutters I've made this year.

I just noticed this new kitchen forum. I'm making some kitchen knives now, so it's exciting to me that BF has a home for this type of cutlery now. So, just to contribute what I can for now, here's some shots of a few I've made this year for the kitchen:

A forged integral paring knife, full tapered tang, green canvas micarta. W2 steel, pretty thin blade with convexed edge.

IMG_6557.JPG

IMG_6561.JPG

Here's a 9" hamon chef, forged integral from W2 with a tall, very thin flat grind. The edge was around .010" before sharpening. Handle is jade ghost G10. Edge has long flat section, which is my preference. Full tapered tang.

IMG_6790.JPG

IMG_6796.JPG

Here's a 10" chef, forged integral W2 with tapered tang, hamon, blade width 2". Green canvas micarta scales. This one was also a laser, the edge was .007" before sharpening.

IMG_6255.JPG

IMG_6269.JPG

Lastly, a Chinese cleaver forged from W2. 8" long blade, 3-1/2" tall, stainless bolsters, eucalyptus burl scales. Convexed flat grind.

IMG_7588.JPG

IMG_7604.JPG

IMG_7601.JPG

Thanks for looking. I'm working on a 52100 boning knife right now that I'll post when I'm finished with.

Those are beautiful I like everything about them. That 10 inch chef is a dream.
I can't wait to see the boning knife. If these are an example then I know I'll like it too.

Back