A Few Prayers and/or Good Thoughts, Please

Fuller, take a Black Magic Marker with you and mark your leg with a bulls eye on it so they don't screw up. You'll be fine and prayers sent!:) :) :)

Best wishes Hugh. Smoke will be sent. There's lots of good advice already said so I don't need to add anything.:D

Good luck and wish you have a successful op and speedy recovery.

If you have nothing to do hospital, bring your lap top there, link up and call me a homphobe in BF, then we will get some exercise.:D

Mongo, I have sleep apnea, but sleep with a nasal CPAP, so there is no snoring. In any case, the hospital has private rooms for the joint replacement patients. I get the impression thatthey have this down to a VERY profitable assembly line for them.

The head nurse is a retired Lt. Commander in the Navy, now in the Navy Reserve, and she shows it. i grew up around peoplke with a command presence and this woman exhibits it. Thank God that I happen to be accustomed to it. She seems tremendously competent, unlike Nurse Rachit.

One45auto, as I said, it isn't so much that I fear the operation but that I am anxious to get beyond it. You have no idea of the pain that my knee is currently causing me. The early rehab may be painful, but it simply cannot be worse that what I am experiencing right now.

FullerH said:
You have no idea of the pain that my knee is currently causing me. The early rehab may be painful, but it simply cannot be worse that what I am experiencing right now.

I hear ya. I have serious problems in both knees and, somewhere down the line, am destined for replacement surgery. I don't think most people really understand what it means to be in constant pain. I hope your surgery works out well for you, Hugh.

FullerH said:
I go into Arlington Hospital for my knee replacement surgery on Monday, 11/14/05, and would appreciate any prayers and/or good thoughts that you could send my way. I am not overly frightened by the prospect, more anxious to get on with it and and to get it over.
Done-And best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Good luck Hugh, I think I might need that op in about ten years.

Just pray, and be thankful for your sick leave hours, that you can use while you lay on the couch and watch tv. They are a blessing for us feds.

I've been praying for you Hugh. :p :D

In all seriousness, my grandmother just informed me yesterday that she is having the same surgery after the holidays. It's about time, since the bum knee is on her good kicking leg. :D Anyhow, I've talked to a lot of very satisfied people who have had knee replacement surgery. Most of them only regret waiting as long as they did to get it done. Just think of all the people that you'll be able to kick around when it's all over. Now that's incentive for your rehabilitation. :)

I'll be happy to keep you in my prayers. :) Everything will go wonderfully. :)

Good luck, I'm sure the outcome will more than make up for the pain of the surgery. I wish my grandad would have this done, he can hardly walk but is too scared...

Prayers sent,Hugh.All the best and a speedy recovery.Will keep you in my prayers.All the best.~leatherbird.:thumbup: :)

Back