A few questions about the CQC-10

First, the usual "Any idea when it'll be available, either via HK, or direct from EKI?"

and second, will it come with a Tanto-style tip? (i suspect not, but its worth an ask.)

i LOVE the opening hole- much lower profile than the disk.

If i get answers like "Not for a while" and "no tanto", then I guess I need to try to decide between a CQC7B or an SOCFK...

Emerson's spoiled me- i don't like carrying non-waved knives now :)

Dan,
Bladeart had them in stock if they are not already sold out.

TAD and Knifeart, you can preorder them. Who knows maybe they have them in stock now???

No Tanto as far as I know.

You can find it here
http://www.tadgear.com/edged tools/cqc-10.htm

cqc-10.jpg

When will the regular production without the HK logo versions come out?

nonbox,

I understand it's an exclusive, like the Surefire '8's and the SOCFK. I would hazard that there will be no production 10's in the foreseeable future.

Walter,

That's the new Wave profile. Check out the Combat Kerambit and the 4th gen Commanders, which apparently have this profile too.

-jon

I just ordered the last CQC-10 from Bladeart.com. Great price compared to other dealers. Forgive my ignorance, but how is the lockup and/or blade play on Emerson production folders such as this one and others like the Mach and Commander? Are they worth the $150 + price tags? Should I expect this knife to hold up over the long haul? The closest Emerson I've owned was a Benchmade copy of the famed CQC orignal with flat/chisel ground tanto style blade. It was/is a great knife!

Back