A fine evening...

...to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free
Silhouetted by the sea
Circled by the circus sands
With all memory and fate
Driven deep beneath the waves
Let me forget about today until tomorrow...

Last edited:
It’s a special place isn’t it! We spent the first week of July in Buxton. I’m ready to go back!

Next time I believe we will stay on Ocracoke.

Back in '01, the wife and I drove thru GA, SC and into NC where we stayed at a little strip hotel at the south end where you catch the ferry to the Outer Bank. Got off the ferry at Ocracoke and spent the day driving to Kitty Hawk. We still talk about it. What a wonderful trip.

I just checked in in South Nags Head on Saturday!! Weather has been iffy but I went skydiving for the first time today and it was awesome. Glad you enjoyed your vacation Guy!

Ocracoke has been our family's vacation destination for years now. I absolutely love it

And here I've been in Edenton all week and could have just swung by. Cool Guy!

I hear there's some good BBQ over there on the mainland. Me, I just like the beach.

I just checked in in South Nags Head on Saturday!! Weather has been iffy but I went skydiving for the first time today and it was awesome. Glad you enjoyed your vacation Guy!

Very cool! I would probably like the quietness of S. Nags Head, but the resingirls would find it too remote. Enjoy!

Ocracoke has been our family's vacation destination for years now. I absolutely love it

We took the ferry there last year, the village seemed very nice but we didn't have enough time. Assuming we go back to OBX next year, I look forward to taking the new fast passenger ferry and spending more of the day there.

Oh, I can picture it like yesterday! Back in my early 20's a buddies parents owned a house in Kill Devil Hills - We made bunches of trips each summer for several years - It was quiet, sparsely populated (back then, don't know about today) and not many people. I remember that come evening the biggest decision for seeking out some nightlife was "which way this time? left or right? - and that was about as difficult a decision we had to make because everything else was self explanatory "We're at the beach with one goal, to get comfortably numb" LOLOLO!!! ~ One thing I remember most were the spiders that came shooting out of a hole in the sand, got to where we could spot em without thinking, lot of interesting critters in every direction that took some acclimation. Nothing but miles of sand, sea and sky, damn I miss those days, brings back some good memories.

I hear there's some good BBQ over there on the mainland. Me, I just like the beach.

Very cool! I would probably like the quietness of S. Nags Head, but the resingirls would find it too remote. Enjoy!

We took the ferry there last year, the village seemed very nice but we didn't have enough time. Assuming we go back to OBX next year, I look forward to taking the new fast passenger ferry and spending more of the day there.

YES! But if you go any later than late July, be weary of stingrays. My now ex-girlfriend got stuck in her foot!! I love how laid back and quiet everything is there.

We did see some small rays (or skates?) right in the surf zone. resingirl was freaked out.

Back