A future Rat Packer?

I was just about the say the same.

We used to make bombs with match heads and gunpowder from paper caps, and used them to blow holes in brick and stucco walls.

Of course, we also grew up when firecrackers were not only legal, they were mandatory for kids.

We had guys slaughter pigeons down by Riverside Drive with BB guns.

Pyrodex in coffee cans, PVC pipe, and Nobel fuses. We had a ton of fun with that stuff. More bang than destructo, but man, that stuff would rattle your sphincter when it went off. I was 10yrs old.

I had a Benjammin Air Rifle, that I often chose over my Henry22. Took more small game than I could remember. Ammo was cheaper.

Thats awesome Moose! Maybe an old man can learn some things from you I did great with my boys . I am raising my second and final daughter (Teenager:eek:) and I am still learning something everyday!

I hope to have a massive coronary event before my daughters turn into, AARGH!! GASP!!! TEENS!!!

I keed, I keed. I look forward to seeing my girls grow, and I'll be honest, my wife and I have talked about it since before they were born, we'll protect them from the world, but we don't hide them from it. All I can do is teach them, train them, and love them the best that I can, after that, well, they are their own person.

Moose

Great thread Moose. Looks like you're on your way to raising a couple self-reliant little girls. :thumbup:

I know its kind of a cliche, but before you know it they'll be grown and out on their own.

Great thread Moose. Looks like you're on your way to raising a couple self-reliant little girls. :thumbup:

I know its kind of a cliche, but before you know it they'll be grown and out on their own.

I know, seems like just yesterday, my wife was waving a piss covered stick in my face, screaming PREGNANT!! PREGNANT!!

Helluva way to wake up from a nap.

Moose

The more they know, the higher their self-confidence, the less anyone gets to disrespect them. You may get called to school to explain knuckleprints on some other kid's nose ...

The more they know, the higher their self-confidence, the less anyone gets to disrespect them. You may get called to school to explain knuckleprints on some other kid's nose ...

Yeah, already done that. Shyann, my oldest, flattened this kids nose for cutting in line and pushing her.

Best line I ever heard, "Daddy, he pushed me, and that counts as a hit, so I hit him back". We have a standing defend yourself, but don't start fights policy here. They stick to it pretty well.

Moose

Great work Moose. All jokes aside, spending time with your kiddos are the times they remember. I have many friends and relatives whose idea of bonding with dad was making one word comments while watching a ball game on TV. My dad and I spend more time outdoors together than we ever have and it sure is nice.

I got confused one time and thought I was going to the Shogun Massage Parlor and ended up in Ming's Manicures. While I was there I figured I had better look like it was intentional so I went ahead and got my toenails done to match the ESEE fire kit. Guess I'll have to switch colors now!

Well, on a more manly note I just got back from the State Store and bought some of that Ethan Becker Famous Grouse scotch. Pretty good stuff and half the price of my single malt.

Famous Grouse is a staple "sesh" whisky here in Scotland... it's also my Friday night nightcap when I can no longer appreciate a Tallisker :D

Moose, great pics of time spent with the kiddos. I have three myself and they love to spend time outside and playing with my knives, they also love to start fires with a ferro rod. We don't use matches much at our house that's just to easy.

Are you not the coolest Dad ever??!!
I just took my Boiz for our first hike this year the other day.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9425656#post9425656

Boys are great, But I wish some times I had a girl too.(Unfortunatly I only know how to make boys) Would have been nice to have my lill girl sit on my lap and tell me lill girl stories. But then they turn into teenage girls and I'd prolly end up stabing some teenage boy...I was a teenage boy once too...it aint pretty.

Are you not the coolest Dad ever??!!
I just took my Boiz for our first hike this year the other day.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9425656#post9425656

Boys are great, But I wish some times I had a girl too.(Unfortunatly I only know how to make boys) Would have been nice to have my lill girl sit on my lap and tell me lill girl stories. But then they turn into teenage girls and I'd prolly end up stabing some teenage boy...I was a teenage boy once too...it aint pretty.

Nice looking young men you have there. Nice pics too. Its in the mid 70's here, so, we are starting to get outside now. My girls and my wife don't like to winter camp, but its my favorite time of year. I got out a few times this winter, but not as much as I wanted to.

Moose

Back