A gift for Dad

Little background:
My Father doesn't quite understand my knife fascination,so I figured I'd get him a nice folder he could use and appreciate the quality of a non-production knife.Then it occured to me that Dad always has a set of nail clippers in his pocket.I thought,some custom damascus nail clippers would be great.So iI fired off an email to Philip Booth.I've seen him incorporate files and scisors in his folders and figured that this was right up his alley.(He does make great folders and autos)He replied that he had never made any before but liked the idea,and was gonna see what he could do.Well this was right around December 1,and I had told him that I knew it was kind of short notice,and if not by Christmas I'd still be interested at a later date.(so in the mean time I picked up a nice Don Morrow slipjoint,just in case)Well,last saturday i get an email from Phil saying he has a set ready and he's shipping them out overnite on Monday.Sure enough,they arrived Tuesday ,and I think they are great!I really appreciate that he took interest and got these here before Christmas...sure is great working with knife makers!Thanks Phil.Here's a few pics.

site1035.jpg

site1036.jpg

site1037.jpg

nick681

Gold Member
Cool. I would have never thought of custom nail clippers. Definitly the gift for the guy who has everything. :cool: :)

Nick

Dawkind

Platinum Member
You can call me Dad! ;)

Superb..........the finest, and first, I've ever seen. :)

SharpByCoop

Enjoying the discussions
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Fantastic! Great gift choice and superb execution. This is very worthy!

Coop