A Hog Knife

TK Steingass

Knifemaker - Buckeye
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Greetings All:

The client talked me into building him a Loveless style Utility/Hunter with a 5" blade for "dealing with medium size hogs." I had reservations on the visual balance of the knife since all I ever built were 4" BL versions. Since the blade is long, I made a high-ride sheath for it. After looking at this, I find it visually and esthetically pleasing - glad I did it. :) 5" BL, 9 3/8" OAL, Ivory G-10, mirror finish. All comments welcome.

V/R,

TK

Hog-Knife.jpg

Great looking knife, 5 inch blade is a good all around size for everything I think. That ivory DG10 is some really nice looking stuff, I'm going to have to try some one of these days.

Greetings All:

The client talked me into building him a Loveless style Utility/Hunter with a 5" blade for "dealing with medium size hogs." I had reservations on the visual balance of the knife since all I ever built were 4" BL versions. Since the blade is long, I made a high-ride sheath for it. After looking at this, I find it visually and esthetically pleasing - glad I did it. :) 5" BL, 9 3/8" OAL, Ivory G-10, mirror finish. All comments welcome.

V/R,

TK

View attachment 1182419
SUPERB! Classy.

Looks good and should do well on oinkers. Ive hunted hogs with a knife and would gladly have used this one.

Back