A Little Help Please

I have an original Swamp Rat, Zero Grind Battle Rat with a Satin finish blade and tan handle. The blade measures 9.5" from tip of blade to beginning of handle. Can anyone tell me how many of these were made? I was also wondering what a fair price for this knife is? This first run came without a sheath.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ken

I have an original Swamp Rat, Zero Grind Battle Rat with a Satin finish blade and tan handle. The blade measures 9.5" from tip of blade to beginning of handle. Can anyone tell me how many of these were made? I was also wondering what a fair price for this knife is? This first run came without a sheath.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ken

I moved it for you. If I were you, I would edit out the part about maybe selling it. You set it up like that and it may be construed as selling outside the proper forums.

As resinguy noted, it's a Satin Battle Rat. You may want to take a look at this sub-forum's sticky "Swamp Rat Heritage" thread. It lists release prices, and you can get specs for your knife at http://swampshack.com/. I don't think that data is released about how many of any model were produced (except in exceptional cases, like they said that "less than 200" INFIcoots were made). Bottom line is that the market value is whatever somebody will pay; some models, like those INFIcoots, have appreciated quite a bit, but others, not so much. Your best bet is to search around the Exchange and/or other forums/sites where people have sold them to get an idea of value. For me, INFIcoots have increased enough that I stopped buying them, but not so much that I'm willing to sell the ones I have -- you may have to price it based on what it's worth to you.

Back