a little Temperance is good for the lad...

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Well, long story short, had a Temperance, needed money, sold a Temperance
and today, I was able to get it back from the fellow that I sold it to, which
I'm a happy camper tonight :)

What a nice knife, big, flat ground blade, handle contours are nice, but a little
slippery but that can be fixed, just a great all around fixed blade here.

Thanks again Sal and gang for the good that you all do!

Anyone else still have their Temperance and use it??

G2

Still have it, but my hand doesn't like it so it's on the 'bay. :( Fantastic knife, though. Easily one of the best I've ever owned.

My title may be misleading, as it is the Large Temperance, I had forgot there
was a smaller one made too, but your hand doesn't like it? Is it because it's
too slippery? just wondering,
G2

Anyone have a shot showing the two knives side by side for comparison?
I'll take some images of mine soon and post in this thread, but don't have the
Lil' temperance one to show the differences.

G2

Gary, yes I still have one, and as a matter of fact just used it to chop up some onions and peppers for breakfast. It's a black blade, plain edge version. Works very very well in the kitchen.

Anyone have a shot showing the two knives side by side for comparison?
I'll take some images of mine soon and post in this thread, but don't have the
Lil' temperance one to show the differences.

G2
Here you go Gary. Not the most artistic photo I ever took, but it does provide an accurate size comparison.

2temps.jpg

AFAIK, blade length of the leaf and trailing point blade versions of the Lil' Temp are the same.

Paul
bar_02.gif

My Personal Website - - - - - - A Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting - - - - - - Kiwimania
Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
Spyderco Collector # 043 - - WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and good fortune and fame are your lot, but the man worthwhile is the man who can smile with his shorts twsited up in a knot. - Morey Amsterdam

I've had a couple of the those in the past... interesting lock mechanism and very stout. I'd but one again if I ran across one. But, they are a little scarce these days. I had the lower LT with a leaf shaped blade. let's see if I have some photos in the archive........

Attachments

• liltempF.jpg
    liltempF.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 9
  • liltemp1.jpg
    liltemp1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 17
  • liltemp2.jpg
    liltemp2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 17
  • liltemp3.jpg
    liltemp3.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 25
Sorry Gary, my mistake. The Lil T's handle just does not fit my hand well. A centimeter or two in the right places would make it perfect, but unfortunately it's not. I haven't had the opportunity to handle a fixed Temperance, but I'd really like to.

Sorry Gary, my mistake. The Lil T's handle just does not fit my hand well. A centimeter or two in the right places would make it perfect, but unfortunately it's not. I haven't had the opportunity to handle a fixed Temperance, but I'd really like to.

That seems to be the risk of making too complex a grip on a knife, it fits less and less hands as complexity increases. Most of Eric's early stuff falls into that pitfall, IMO.

The newest design for the Lil T softens the points and offers more grip variety for more hands.

Hi Zen, the Lil T was one of mine, from almost 10 years ago.

sal

The newest design for the Lil T softens the points and offers more grip variety for more hands.

Hi Zen, the Lil T was one of mine, from almost 10 years ago.

sal

I thought it was an excellent design and continues to serve me well.

Back