A look at Sebenza design changes through the years

Here's a question... I have an April 1995 "P" model and others as far back as 1991 (numbered) . Since the "Original" is discontinued in 1996 .. Were "P"'s and Originals made side by side from 1991-1995, or were Originals only really made from mid-late 1995-1996? Does anybody have a NON "P"marked Original older that 1995?

Here's a question... I have an April 1995 "P" model and others as far back as 1991 (numbered) . Since the "Original" is discontinued in 1996 .. Were "P"'s and Originals made side by side from 1991-1995, or were Originals only really made from mid-late 1995-1996? Does anybody have a NON "P"marked Original older that 1995?
I can't say for sure but my understanding is that non-P Sebenzas (Original) were only made for that short period 1995-1996 before the Sebenza Regular was introduced.

Sounds logical, making a non "P" Original one of the rarest productions, if not the rarest CRK Sebenza of all.

I seem to see a lot more of the Ps than the non-marked versions. I wish I knew the production numbers.

Purely by accident, I found the break point a few years back. For a time, I owed both knives. The one with the card on the left had a P, the one with the card on the right did not.

1694585329709.png

This is a really great post, thank you!

I was curious if you eventually got a 31 to add to the comparison? Would be interesting to see that in the line up.

Also another random question, is it compiled anywhere some technical details of the Sebenza over time? Things like weight, scale thickness, blade stock thickness, blade length(?), etc. I’m a nerd who likes that sort of thing. I couldn’t find anything the forum search.

I was curious if you eventually got a 31 to add to the comparison? Would be interesting to see that in the line up.

Also another random question, is it compiled anywhere some technical details of the Sebenza over time? Things like weight, scale thickness, blade stock thickness, blade length(?), etc. I’m a nerd who likes that sort of thing. I couldn’t find anything the forum search.

I don’t think any of the thicknesses have changed over time, unless you count the short lived 25. The small blade length did change from 2.94 to 2.99…I forget when, maybe 2014 or so.

I haven't gotten a 31 yet. They always underwhelm me when I handle them. A vendor at a gun show this weekend had a bunch of them but I ran away with another Classic MM & an old Mnandi instead.

PA016443_Edit_Layers_2048_Pixel_10.jpg

Back