A MASSIVE THANK YOU

Thank you everyone for the kind comments - I was thinking last night about some of the giveaways we used to have- some of them where a bit like a funny war, a lot of rib poking- and joint efforts by people coming in on a couple of them and making it quite a huge giveaways. So I am wondering just what I can put up for grabs.

Christian - no I haven't done a line up in a complete set, Of Charlies run or my other HJ's - maybe I should - but then that could be dangerous and I might say to myself " is that all I have? - I need to buy more!"πŸ™ƒ

lol- Charlie, my friend I am NOT hinting at all where the guy is from, but he was so stealthy in the way he gifted me the knife which just adds to that whole "being" of the Knife - that sort of thing just stays with the knife for me. But the guy is the Harness Jack man to the Bone as you know.

Traditionals as we have all experience and see all the time- is a real special place - this is where I drop my guard and ask at times the most stupid questions trying to stop the questions burning inside my head, there's a name for that I suspect 🀣

Thank you again for the kind Comments and once again to my friend whom gifted me this Knife- Thank you so much.

I am trying my best not to name everyone as I need to start plastering in the Lounge ( I just HAD to buy an 103 year old House didnt I ).
Jack Sir- you mentioned Old faces popping up - great isn't it! and if anyone one here is Legendary for being a generous Soul it is you my friend - that we can be sure of! :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone for the kind comments - I was thinking last night about some of the giveaways we used to have- some of them where a bit like a funny war, a lot of rib poking- and joint efforts by people coming in on a couple of them and making it quite a huge giveaways. So I am wondering just what I can put up for grabs.

Christian - no I haven't done a line up in a complete set, Of Charlies run or my other HJ's - maybe I should - but then that could be dangerous and I might say to myself " is that all I have? - I need to buy more!"πŸ™ƒ

lol- Charlie, my friend I am NOT hinting at all where the guy is from, but he was so stealthy in the way he gifted me the knife which just adds to that whole "being" of the Knife - that sort of thing just stays with the knife for me. But the guy is the Harness Jack man to the Bone as you know.

Traditionals as we have all experience and see all the time- is a real special place - this is where I drop my guard and ask at times the most stupid questions trying to stop the questions burning inside my head, there's a name for that I suspect 🀣

Thank you again for the kind Comments and once again to my friend whom gifted me this Knife- Thank you so much.

I am trying my best not to name everyone as I need to start plastering in the Lounge ( I just HAD to buy an 103 year old House didnt I ).
Jack Sir- you mentioned Old faces popping up - great isn't it! and if anyone one here is Legendary for being a generous Soul it is you my friend - that we can be sure of! :thumbsup:

I dont log in much these days, but im sure i know who it is 🀣 and the parties involved. Congrats to the both of ya! well done fellas!!! happy to see you cross another one off the list like I was able to for my original ancients! All the best!

I read that as get plastered in the lounge 🀣

103 year old house,we call that a new build in England. πŸ˜†

Congratulations on your new HJ it’s gone to a good home.

Well done the benefactor as well.

Thank you my friends! Your comments are very much appreciated, with this I am still thinking as to what and how I will do a giveaway!

Mr Paul Hilborn is, as a few of you may know, my North Dakota Post Master- I want to thank Paul as well, as the poor guy has continuous parcels arriving at his house which he in turn has to handle and store away for the time for them to be sent to me!

Back to "getting plastered" in my lounge 🀣, as well as trying my best to remove the century old Heart Rimu Skirting boards off without cracking them, Rimu is a stunning Native to New Zealand Tree - now protected so theres no more getting a new board.
I LOVE this timber - especially the Heart Rimu is absolutely gorgeous, but it's one thing is that it splits easily, so the need to drill before nailing - especially when close to the end of the cut.

Splitting is going to happen when removing the Architraves or Skirting Boards- mainly because the Rimu is nailed into the Matai with huge Jolt Head nails ( Matai is another Native New Zealand Tree which is very dense), if you want to hear Nails "sing" this is the wood to help you with that harmony 🀣, so because of this trying to pull a nail from Matai is an effort - and with a stunning Rimu wood nailed to this, it makes the removal extremely hard without cracking it- again you can't nail the nails through the Rimu either because the Matai being is so dense it wont let you do that - so its a real patience game slowly but surely all the time puckering up and holding your breath- usually followed by expletives 🀬 🀣, and then the repairs.

Nothing looks better than recycled Rimu, I think a few people in the States and U.S.A have examples of Heart Rimu in their house from me.

Have the best day or night where ever you are πŸ™ƒ

Amazing example of generosity! πŸ‘Congrats Duncan, it couldn't have happened to a nicer porch member πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
What a beauty 😍

Congratulations, Duncan! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

Duncan, there could NOT be a better caretaker of that set of HJs. Congrats on completing them, and congrats to the mystery donor for your extraordinary largesse.
What a great porch we inhabit!

Congrats! We've not chatted directly, but I've seen plenty here to know that you're as deserving of that HJ as anyone. I love to see porch members get that one piece they've been unable to acquire, and it's amazing to me that it's usually from someone else here! This really is a special group of people. 😊 Enjoy it!

Pat

Can’t think of a more deserving person to receive such a fine knife, Duncan. You continue to be a standard bearer here and always shine a bright light on the porch. You make yourself available to help anyone out with your vast knowledge. Congrats my friend.

Couldn't say it any better than how these folks did!
Duncan My Friend, I know how much you love HJ'S and how much you love Charlie's SFO'S, so it's a perfect fit. I'm Happy it arrived finally and unscathed, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
I as well as others appreciate your enthusiasm and passion for our hobby My Friend!
Enjoy it in good health!

Dave

Don't we know it Charlie! :eek: :thumbsup:

Dave!

Thank you for letting the good folks know that you indeed are the generous mystery man! 😍

I did hint before that the Mystery person was indeed a Harness Jack expert, so the pieces all fall together now for everyone!

Thank you Dave, I am looking forward to seeing you in Oregon 2025 if my plans work out! πŸ™ƒ

I cannot thank you enough, and I am looking forward to dragging out my Harness Jack Knives to add this stunner to it's Family, and what better weekend to do it with this weekend being a 4 day one!

"Nothing looks better than recycled Rimu, I think a few people in the States and U.S.A have examples of Heart Rimu in their house from me"

Nanc and I happen to be the recipients of this beautiful wood and what piece's they are, several pieces due to Duncan's legendary kindness...back to when the HJ arrived, I thought "would he really even know if it went missing" then that damn thing called "decency" crept in and riddled my soul with GUILT πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜πŸ˜‚;)

Happy for your Duncan!!! your the best!!!

Last edited:
You can't go wrong with a hj,the 54 has some serious heft,made for working,I have the 2 86 hj's in white bone and ebony from charlie and I think there build quality is in my humble canadian opinion grade a+,I measure all others to them.i would imagine thar the 54 has that same robust feel.

Hi everyone

Well, it comes to no surprise these threads that come out here is a vast number because I really do believe that we have such a good spot filled with great people here in the Traditional Knives.

I find it extremely hard to try desperately to convey the overwhelming thankfulness into simple words on a screen - but my friend I really want to name you, but I am unsure if I am allowed, but invite you to come on in and do just that.

So, I still have the wanted note on my signature- just so you guys can see it- then I am going to remove it after this thread runs for a week or so, I have written in there a Harness Jack #4 in Ebony that has been missing from my Waynorth Harness Jack knives from our good friend Charlie.
I have all series of the releases, but not all of each in the releases if that makes sense - there are just a few gaps, I am lucky enough to hold as caretaker these as well as other very low numbered "specials", but folks- this one is real hard to get and I am astonished that my friend packaged this stunner up and snuck this into a certain knife delivery coming my way.

My friend, I am blown away- your generosity is massive in every way, and I want you to know that this is a VERY treasured knife, I am lucky enough to have been gifted some wonderful knives that sit at the top shelf of my "keep forever" knives.

So here is the BNIT Charlie Campagna Harness Jack #4 that now resides in New Zealand, I am absolutely over the Moon with this, again - my friend Thank You!

hqhnCg5.jpg

WYVFdBd.jpg

KMkz1qn.jpg
A dollar short and a day late, but congrats Duncan. You are a kind and generous person yourself, deserving of that Jack.πŸ‘πŸ»

Last edited:
Back