A Memorial of Sorts

leatherman

leathermoderator
I made this sheath for my Safari Skinner inlayed with a piece of python skin that was given to me by a good friend of mine. She worked at my local Leather Factory for fourteen years, I've been coming in there for the last four years, and she never really knew my name though in the last few months she did get it a few times. :D I learned a couple of months ago that she had passed away in a freak train accident, she lives near the tracks and the train was carrying Chlorine gas. Needless to say, she and her mother did not survive the crash, and neither did everyone in a few blocks radius. Thanks goodness that it was a still day or it would have been far worse.

I will always remember he kindness and generosity and patience while I roamed the rows at the store trying to decide what to spend my meagher funds on, and the constant changes in the list when I found I didnt have enough to cover the bill. :p She was a very good person and will be missed greatly, the store just isnt the same now.......An empty spot in the store and an empty spot in my heart :( I hope this work will help me to always keep in mind that there are kind people still in the world and not lose hope. Godspeed my friend and I hope to see you on the other side.....

Attachments

• Safari Skinner new sheath.jpg
    Safari Skinner new sheath.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 93
Very nice design & execution. The diamond shapes in the python skin really compliment the pattern in the Skinner handle material IMHO.

Beautiful work, beautiful memory.

Back