A most unusual knife...

Where is the difficulty? Every one blade i get from the quench tank are like that!! ;)

Seriously, i agree that this exercise of style, along with the healty related humor is a beautiful achievement! thanks for sharing this hidden pearl :thumbup:

That's someone who is very in control of their processes and fit/finish. That must have been very difficult.

Really cool knife.....thanks for showing.

I've seen them all. But I'd NEVER seen this.

Check this out:

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

History: My longtime friend, knife collector, rowing partner, best man at my wedding, and all around great guy Malcolm (Malq) W. brought this to show me a couple of weeks ago.

He's a collector of traditional knives, and happened upon one of these at a show or viewing an example in Knife World(?), I dunno. He ordered this months and months ago.

(He tells me the preferred way this maker likes to be contacted is through actual postal letters. No email, doesn't even want phone calls. Man, this is backwoods Kentucky! ;))

Anyway, I'm told he simply wanted to put to use those stag scales which get left behind and are 'unusable' for a folding knife. :rolleyes: Never say never.... LOL! :eek:

He likes the unusual, and so do I (We?). It's VERY nicely made and folds precisely. It serves no larger purpose than a curiosity, however we all could use a dash of quality humor in our work.

Here you go!

Jim

PS: If you know more about this obscure maker, please educate.

Wow! It would be great to whittle with for a righty! Very cool! Trim round things? A Hoof cleaning knife but its too pretty for that work.I'm sure there are many uses along with it riding comfortable in a side hip pocket of a pair of work pants.

Taurus make a curved Pistol now. The two would make a great set.:)

Most unusual in deed.
I'm sure a bent folder like that would have some useful applications, I just can't think of any now.

^^^ I think it would carve up a nice tasty strip of cheddar cheese off of a block. YUM! :D :p :thumbup:

Coop

I like it. Don't know that it is very practical, but so what? What is practical about $8000 Bowie knives, either? It shows thinking outside the box, it generates conversation, and I imagine that took a lot of skill and time to make.

Thanks for sharing it here.

The purpose of the curve could be enhanced concealability when worn horizontal around one's body.

That is exactly why you should never put your knife in your back pocket in Arizona for any length of time.

Some knifemakers cut corners. Others make knives that cut AROUND corners. Very cool piece, thanks for sharing, Coop!

Back