A New Classic, and an Old Classic.

This is a like new Colt 1917 in 45ACP. This was a USMC pistol according to the Colt Factory by way of the serial number, and it is in 95% or better condition.

The lettering on top of the barrel is crisp as all get out.

1917Colt45Bandicoot.jpg

The first group was fired single action at a range of about 15 yards. That is 6 shots with new factory ammo, and half-moon clips.

191745ColtTargetSA.jpg

The next group was fired using the double action. That thing only weighs in at about 20 to 25 pounds, so it is a bear. Same distance, same ammo.

191745ColtTargetDA.jpg

What an experience. I am truly blessed when I consider some of the weapons, vintage and not so vintage, I have had the opportunity to go to the range with.

Thanks for looking.

Terry Newton said:
This is a like new Colt 1917 in 45ACP. This was a USMC pistol according to the Colt Factory by way of the serial number, and it is in 95% or better condition.

The lettering on top of the barrel is crisp as all get out.

1917Colt45Bandicoot.jpg

The first group was fired single action at a range of about 15 yards. That is 6 shots with new factory ammo, and half-moon clips.

191745ColtTargetSA.jpg

The next group was fired using the double action. That thing only weighs in at about 20 to 25 pounds, so it is a bear. Same distance, same ammo.

191745ColtTargetDA.jpg

What an experience. I am truly blessed when I consider some of the weapons, vintage and not so vintage, I have had the opportunity to go to the range with.

Thanks for looking.

I have the same pistol made by S&W & it is a honey too. Not my most valuable weapon by far but the best loved of the bunch. The old ones seem sturdier for some reason.

Safe shooting !

Uncle Alan :)

Back