A new high

...Ahhh...I see it's for sale by one of our astute forum members too...I'll be watching this one as well...

...Definitely a beautiful knife. She has seemed to sell really great stuff for as long as I've been aware of her store. Some of the things are real bargains even though they are unique. I don't care for the lack of the rear bolster on a 532...I also don't have the "green stamps" to spring for one of these either...LOL...

DarrylS said:
...I also don't have the "green stamps" to spring for one of these either...LOL...

My mother used to have boxes full of Green Stamp books...I have no idea what she ever bought with them...I can recall helping her paste them in...did they come with cigarettes??? I know she smoked a couple packs a day... :(

:D ...I don't think they came in cigarettes...they gave them out at the local grocery stores and gas stations when you bought their goods. I also pasted them in the books my mom would bring home from the store. I think you could redeem them for money or gifts when the books were full...LMAO...That was a LONG LONG time ago...I have heard that those books and stamps are highly collectable items and command big bucks at times. .:rolleyes: :p

:eek: ...I just saw that S&H Green Stamps has changed to S&H Greenpoints for online sales. Would you believe that Cabelas is one of the places that gives out Greenpoints...Get Greenpoints fer buyin' Buck knives...LOL...Only in America huh?...LMAO...:D :D

DarrylS said:
That was a LONG LONG time ago...I have heard that those books and stamps are highly collectable items and command big bucks at times. .:rolleyes:

It wasn't that long ago. I remember them and I just turned 25. I have distinct memories of my mom doing something with them, but I'm not sure what happened when the book was full... I'll have to ask.

hummmm i wander if i can convert the ols books fo grean stamps my mom left to grean points!!!?
man you re showing your age there guys ... so am i iof i tellyou i paid apx 14 $ for a new folding hunter in 67 ;)

I remember my mom collecting green stamps and having me lick them and put them in books, but for the life of me I can't remember anything that was ever received as a result. Perhaps that's the reason they don't survive.

...LOL...I guess you can trade your green stamps in for green points...Read this:
I have some books of Green Stamps. Are they worth anything?

Yes, Green Stamps are certainly worth something… You can exchange them for merchandise, cash, or trade them in for greenpoints. If you are choosing items from our current catalog, keep in mind that one Green Stamps are converted one for one with greenpoints. So, if you have Green Stamps that say 1, 10, or 50, they will be converted to 1, 10, or 50 greenpoints. Just mail your stamps and order information via insured mail to:

S&H Customer Care Center
P.O. BOX 4000
Fenton, MO 63099-0001
All requests must include your S&H Member Number (you will receive this number when you enroll with S&H greenpoints), your name, address and daytime phone number—in case we have any questions.
...Who woulda thought that S&H survived huh?...LMAO...

334dave said:
... so am i iof i tellyou i paid apx 14 $ for a new folding hunter in 67 ;)
I paid $12 for a new 112 in 1972 when they first came out. I remember I debated whether or not to get it for a long time since it wasn't really a 110. Common sense won out and I got and am glad I did.

...The buyer of that knife is located in Germany...We all know what Buck knives go for in Europe...The fella got a bargain...especially using Euros against the dollar...One Euro goes for about $1.27 right now so he paid about $63 US dollars for it...

DarrylS said:
...The buyer of that knife is located in Germany...We all know what Buck knives go for in Europe...The fella got a bargain...especially using Euros against the dollar...One Euro goes for about $1.27 right now so he paid about $63 US dollars for it...
wow leave it to you to put our feet on the ground,,, we would up route and be blown away by the least wind of opion!;)

...LOL...It would be only about $55 buckeroonies in Canada and the fishin' is better ...:p

DarrylS said:
...LOL...It would be only about $55 buckeroonies in Canada and the fishin' is better ...:p

b/s i call b/s i tried ordering one from cabelas online about a month ago and they would sell it to me for $60us but they wanted an extra 20% on the total sale price for canadian shipping thats the knife- --the shipping -and the duty + 20 % = not such a sweet deal
works out to the same deal as arksknives:jerkit:

Back