A new IWB sheath

I recently received a sheath from Mashed Cat for my Busse AD. It came w/ a large Tek-Lok. While that method is great for outside the belt, I wanted something for IWB carry as well. I've carried my G26 in a Sidearmor IWB holster for over 8 years, and it is a supremely comfortable and secure product. The J-hooks make for easy removal of the entire system, yet still allow a very secure attachment to a belt.

I figured I could merge the sheath and the attachment.

G26 sheath. J-hook has 15 degree cant.

jhook2.gif

I ordered a replacement J-hook with a 5 degree cant and the mounting hardware: 2 small screws and a machined back plate. I cut a small piece of kydex, drilled and countersunk it for mounting screws for both the sheath and the J-hooks and came up with the following prototype:

jhook1.gif

jhook15.gif

jhook3.gif

The widths interfered with each other, so they were mounted out of alignment. The result is a very secure attachment of the J-hooks. The Sidearmor holster works best with nylon BDU or Instructor type belts; this works with leather and nylon. The result:

jhook4.gif

How about an IWB Strap...that seems a bit too high for easy reaching. Very industrious though:thumbup::thumbup:

Back