A new Sebenzanista lives

OKAY, OKAY, I am now on the virge of being a new Sebenza addict. Thanks to Tallpaul I will soon (hopefully this week)become the owner of a new Chris Reeve Classic Sebenza.

I hope and pray that all the good things said here are true since this is the most money I have ever spent on a folding knife.

I lurk here on this forum night after night and then dream of Sebenzas floating before my very eyes. Not long ago I could not even spell Sebenzanista and now soon I are going to be one.:D :D :rolleyes: :cool: :cool:

Now, I wonder if the mailman is here yet??? :(

Muzzleup:
You won't regret your purchase. Tallpaul is a great guy to do business with. I could go on and on about what is so good about a Sebenza, but it wouldn't be anything that you have already heard. It's a great knife built by a small group of dedicated, skilled workers that stand behind their product. Welcome to the club, enjoy that knife and post a pic and your experience when you get the knife. Tell us what it is like to no longer be a Sebenza virgin!;)

SCOTT DOG;

Well, as much as I would like to post a picture I am unable to because I don't have a digital camera or scanner and also I think that I would have to be a "Gold Member" to post on the forum.

I will, though, post my impressions as I form them. Right now I am carrying a Camillus EDC with talonite blade and am quite impressed with their frame lock quality control.

At least I won't still be a virgin though.:)

Relax.
Sebenzas ARE expensive. They don't even look like they should cost so much. However, as you use your new Sebenza, and as you begin to appreciate the wonderful smoothness of operation, the absolutely tight lock-up of the blade (with NONE of that blasted wiggle) and the edge holding ability of the BG-42 steel, you will fall in love.
I got mine, which is a small plain "regular" from that southern gentleman, Mike Payne. :)
After a little while of Sebenza carry, it's genuinely hard to carry anything else. Knife rotation becomes very difficult!
I can't carry it on the plane anyway, so when we go on vacation, I'm sending it back to the factory for the "Silver Contrast". (I've chosen the "Solar Wind" design. I Can hardly wait! It's going to be beautiful!)

Will

Hey Ron! Am embarrassed to admit I'd forgotten about you -- or should I say had forgotten about my promise to you. I really apologize. My life has been in total termoil the past few weeks, and nothing stays on my brain.

I'll wait until I read you've got your Sebbie, then will call and set up an appointment to tool over with the stuff.

Dave

My large Classic MM arrived today.

Trying to find words to express my first impressions is difficult. Simply said...SMOOOOOTH and ROCK SOLID.

I can in my mind put it in prospective by examples of other things I have had. :
Most other folders = Fiat 124 Spyder
Sebenza............= Porsche
Most other folders = Seikos
Sebenza............= Rolex

Beiing a retired machinist (manual and CNC) I am VERY impressed with the fit and finish. Everything is right where it is supposed to be such as the cutouts for fingers. It is impressivly BIG but surprisingly LIGHT and well balanced (love that titanium fram). I really love the shape of the Classic blade with the polished hollow grind area and razor sharp edge.

I do not have to wonder about which folder will become my EDC now. It is the Sebenza but I also will carry my talonite EDC from Camillus in my back pocket now.

I wonder what a Sebenza would be like with a TALONITE BLADE???. This not to say I don't like the BG-42...I do like it but I was wondering about in high salt environments like liveing at the ocean.:rolleyes: :D :D

Ron,

If you are impressed now, wait until you carry and use it for a couple weeks. Then we'll talk. Glad you found it to your liking. I thought you might ;)

Ron,
That first rush when it arrives is great, isn't it? I've had my large, plain Sebenza for about a month now, carry and use it every day and still find it a marvel. I couldn't agree more as to its fit, finish and solidity. It is the first knife that I have owned that operates so smoothly and yet has absolutely no blade play and centers perfectly. Congratulations!

Thanks to all for your comments and THANKS TO CHRIS REEVE KNIVES for making such a fine knife. You must have the kind of machine shop that I could really work in!

This has become a very pleasing experience and "I'LL BEEE BAAAACK" !:D :cool: :rolleyes:

Told ya everyting was going to be alllll right!
If you have trouble deciding which "other" knife to carry, do as many of us do. Simply carry them both! If someone says may I "borrow your pocketknife for a minute", I NEVER hand them the Sebenza. It's with me every day. I get the shakes thinking about going on vacation without my Sebbie. Since I am in fear of some European airport security guard thinking my Sebbie would just be a great knife to confiscate, it will be a good time to send it back to The CR Factory for the "Silver Contrast". (Actually, I've talked to Chris and he told me that he has had no trouble at all carrying a small Sebenza in Europe. It's just that even the Small Sebenza looks bigger to my eyes than it really is.) I'll miss my knife, but I'm going to be really happy with that little modification :)

Will

Back