• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

A pair of knives in CPM 154 W/ Stabilized Applewood (Hunter and Field knife)

Brian77

Gold Member
Here is a pair of knives that I recently finished. A Field knife with 4 ½” Blade and a companion Hunter with a 3 ¾” Blade. They can be sold a set or separately.

If you're looking for something that is very durable at 60Rc with good edge stability, good wear resistance, good corrosion resistance, not too bad to sharpen and an all-around great steel, I believe that this steel meets that.

These knives are built to be used, and are handmade in our shop. They are hand ground, and they are not perfect. I believe they are knives to be proud of, and will last a lifetime if not abused. If you are not happy, contact me and if not used, I will take it back.

The wood on the handles is beautiful and is polished to 1500 grit. I can take them to 5000 if requested.

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg
BLADE 1 : Field knife (Larger knife on left)
Steel: CPM 154
Rc is 60 by Peters Heat Treat
Overall Length: 9 5/8"
Cutting Edge Length: 4 ½ "
Blade total from scales 4 ¾ “

Blade Width*: 1 ¼ "
Spine Thickness: .163"
¼ Back from the Edge: .060"
Edge Thickness: .011"
Finish: 400 grit
Grind: High saber
Spine is 90 degrees

HANDLE:
Shape: contoured
Finish: Buffed to 1500 grit
Material: Stabilized and dyed blue, furniture grade, 80 year old Apple wood from the family orchard.
Pins: Brass and Stainless Loveless bolts. Stainless Lanyard hole

Liners: .060 Blue G10 over natural 1/16 Micarta

SHEATH:
None

*Width is measured at the Ricasso

Price: $ 265.00 Since this is my first sale on Blade Forums, I will open these knives up to offers. If you wish to make an offer on one of these or both, PM me or email. I will consider all offers if they are within reason. Gold members or up get a special discount. And I will pay for shipping.

First to post "I'll Take It!" gets it! Get me your email and I'll send you a Paypal Invoice. If you have any questions you can email me at: brian@ehstland.com

Other knives by Haw Creek Blades on Etsy. Search for Haw Creek Blades on Etsy. On Instagram @Hawcreekblades

BLADE 2 : Hunter (smaller knife on right)
Steel: CPM 154
Rc is 60 by Peters Heat Treat
Overall Length: 8 5/8"
Cutting Edge Length: 3 3/4 "
Blade total from scales 4 1/8"

Blade Width*: 1"
Spine Thickness: .150"
¼ Back from the Edge: .054"
Edge Thickness: .011"
Finish: 600 grit
Grind: Flat
Spine is 90 degrees

HANDLE:
Shape: contoured
Finish: Buffed to 1500 grit
Material: Stabilized and dyed blue, furniture grade, 80 year old Apple wood from the family orchard.
Pins: Mosiac Pins. Stainless Lanyard hole

Liners: .060 Blue G10 over natural 1/8 Micarta

SHEATH:
None

*Width is measured at the Ricasso

Price: $ 215.00 Since this is my first sale on Blade Forums, I will open these knives up to offers. If you wish to make an offer on one of these or both, PM me or email. I will consider all offers if they are within reason. Gold members or up get a special discount. And I will pay for shipping.

First to post "I'll Take It!" gets it! Get me your email and I'll send you a Paypal Invoice. If you have any questions you can email me at: brian@ehstland.com

Other knives by Haw Creek Blades on Etsy. Search for Haw Creek Blades on Etsy. On Instagram @Hawcreekblades

Last edited:
Good looking knives Brian, and in a great all-around steel. I'm glad to see you selling here. Good luck with the sale sir!

Back