A Question from the New Guy

smile.gif

------------------
Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

DW thanks again for your perception and acknowledgement. My first post (what kitchen knives?.. etc.) was under-welcomed by the seniors by…..Oh no not this again, haven’t you heard of SEARCH! dogman, live and learn and welcome, this is a fun place.

Dogman, Welcome! Hey how does Dave Williams do those cool rotating smiley faces? Obviously I'm not a senior member yet.

dogman - Dave's right in that the senior folks generally post a little more, mostly to things that don't really need posts, but then that's why they're in the multi-hundred post categories. On the other hand, they do know a lot, and if you actually get them to post something real, it's gonna be something worth reading. It's a shame the search feature is down, or you could really learn a lot from the older stuff.

Just kidding guys, I love reading your stuff - the sillier the better
smile.gif

jeffa - if you want to see how someone posted something, just click on the edit icon (the furthest right one above the post) to see their post. You won't be able to edit their post, but you can see how they did whatever.

------------------
JP Bullivant

[This message has been edited by jpbulli (edited 03 August 1999).]

Huh, I guess I'm learning how to add meaningless posts pretty good too. I just made senior status a couple minutes ago. Go figure, that snuck up on me pretty good

The good news: promotion to senior member is retroactive, so even your first post on this site will have been made by a senior member ... eventually.

The bad news: I've stolen your rotating smiley, David, and I suspect everyone else will too, one by one, and soon everyone's smileys will rotate -- and if you come up with an even better smiley we'll steal that one too, and soon everyone will forget you did it first. Just like Little Richard....
smile.gif

-Cougar Allen :{)

[This message has been edited by Cougar Allen (edited 03 August 1999).]

Time to admit my own ignorance,but what does ELU stand for? I know what LEO stands for.Thank you for illumination.

Couger,

I didn't originate it Mark W. Douglas posts at www.roo.com and asked Spark how they did that in the Suggestion Forum. SammyB figured out how to insert the
smile.gif
gif on a BF post and I stole it from him. So the originator is already forgotten
frown.gif
I didn't originate it I just use it more
smile.gif

------------------
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man"
-Nordic proverb

Remember the gag, where you whisper something into someone's ear and have them pass it down, then at the end the line something totally different comes out...

Here is a new one for you: SUBL

------------------
Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Back