A sad day for all of us.

It is with great sorrow that I inform you that Tom Williams has passed away. As you all know, Tom was a huge source of knowledge when it came to Camillus Cutlery and their products. But even more so, he was a great person who always had a smile on his face. Tom will be missed here and among his close friends and relatives.

Thank you for informing us of his passing. My condolences to his family, friends and former coworkers. I was the recipient many times of Tom's generosity and eagerness to share Camillus history. That he will be missed by many goes without saying.

Michael

RIP Camco.

Tom was a true Warrior for Camillus Cutlery Company.

I fondly recall Tom at the Camillus Auction using his own money to obtain all of the tang stamps.
He was determined to ensure that every knife collector could be confident that no future counterfeits or fakes would ever be made.

Any future Shrine to Camillus Cutlery, internet or otherwise, will be truly remiss if it does not include copious mention of Tom Williams.

God speed Old Friend.
From this point on, everything will Walk & Talk a wee bit better in Heaven.

Never got to have a face to face with him, but he was a gentleman in answering my questions about the Buck and Camillus connection. Like all the good guys you wish you could have a few more hours to talk, laugh and hear the wisdom they possess. The old Buck contract knives are sad, I am sure.
300Bucks

Sad to hear. What ever Tom said about a Camillus knife you could be sure it was correct. He will be missed.

This is a sad day. I too never had the pleasure of personally meeting Tom. The knife collecting community has lost another who's contributions really can't be accurately measured. I've missed Toms participation over the last several months. I will always be able to remember him fondly from the correspondence we had.

I never met Tom in person, but we exchanged many emails about Camillus and spent many hours on the phone. Tom was a wealth of knowledge about Camillus Cutlery Co. and he shared it freely with those who were interested. Every phone conversation with Tom was an education in all things Camillus.

Rest well my friend you will be missed!
Dale

Tom helped me get started collecting Camillus and Western knives. While we never met, I considered him a friend. Tom will be missed by many. My heartfelt condolences to the Williams family.

Back