A seasonal W&SS knife...sort of

We are in the full blown holiday season. All the parties and family get togethers really do call for special tools and one that I came up with a few years back has proved itself time and time again. I figured some of you would appreciate it and took a couple extra photos of it while killing some Friday work time.

With out further preamble I submit the hors d'oeuvre sword. When going for that last olive or bacon wrapped wiener we know who is going to triumph uncontested.

Sterling Silver handle and hilt.
2301506230033885154S600x600Q85.jpg

Ebony Handle with sterling silver hilt
2207909870033885154S600x600Q85.jpg

Sheathed inconspicuously in my beret
2152075340033885154S600x600Q85.jpg

The blades are Osbourn leather awls, when I was a kid I used to love those cheap plastic hors d'oeuvre swords that stuck the olives together in Dad's Martinis and I played with them until they broke, now that I'm a big boy I can make much more durable facsimiles :)

Last edited:
:eek: Oh crap those are awesome. :D

I think you pinpointed where my blade obsession came from. I LOVED those things when I was little. :eek:

That would probably get me in trouble after drinking a bit though....I can imagine my wife hurting me after the 20th time of poking her with one. :rolleyes:

Those are ridiculously awesome! The little sheath is really impressive too.

So can you baton toothpicks with them?

So can you baton toothpicks with them?

Oh yeah, and I can push it through 14 oz saddle skirting too :)

The silver chain on the sheath attaches to the small kilt pin, also in the picture, I made it out of sterling silver too, I can be attached to any fabric.

I like them! I still love the little plastic swords too, had one in a drink recently and slipped it into my pocket to play with later. I'm such a nerd.

I know, who of us on this forum could resist them. They turn up in the washing machine from time to time. :)

d_2925.jpg

They look like Awl blades.

The blades are Osbourn leather awls, when I was a kid I used to love those cheap plastic hors d'oeuvre swords that stuck the olives together in Dad's Martinis and I played with them until they broke, now that I'm a big boy I can make much more durable facsimiles

Yep, that they are, I get them from www.campbell-bosworth.com

I know, who of us on this forum could resist them. They turn up in the washing machine from time to time. :)

d_2925.jpg

I was all about those things when I was a kid too. I always used to mod them by removing the "D" guard though.

The versions in the OP look good to go as is. :thumbup:

My grandparents have the most AWESOME set of steel ones they picked up forever ago in Spain. They have a little brass carousel stand that they store in. :p

They look SORT of like these ones.
il_430xN.77275870.jpg

excellent. I ordered some extra awl blades a while back and still haven't tried that out...

Those are too cool. I remember mom buying me a bag of the plastic ones when I was a kid. Your version is exponentially more awesome!

Back