A simple thanks...

Just a note of recognition to Muddy River Distillery for all that they have done during this covid19 pandemic.
They are using their distillery to make hand sanitizer for the local hospital where I work.
The sanitizer smells like rum, but it works!

Thank you Muddy River!

0zmK24C.jpg

Nice to see so many companies pitching in to help. We have a local mattress company making masks to front line workers.

Are you showing that bottle just to show the company or is that the bottle the hand sanitizer is coming in?

If it is hand sanitizer, you might want to make a new label for that bottle. I'd hate for someone to take a swig and find out the hard way .... just a thought.

Last edited:
Nice to see so many companies pitching in to help. We have a local mattress company making masks to front line workers.

Are you showing that bottle just to show the company or is that the bottle the hand sanitizer is coming in?

If it is hand sanitizer, you might want to make a new label for that bottle. I'd hate for someone to take a swig and find out the hard way .... just a thought.
Nope, that aint the hand sanitizer...hahaha.

The sanitizer comes in plastic containers that fit in to our foaming sanitizer pumps that hang on walls all over the hospital.
But it doesn't foam like the Purell...it's pure liquid.
And it really does smell like rum.
But the scent fades very rapidly...just about 30-40 seconds.

I wish our new sanitizer smelled like rum. It's an overpowering floral/herbal smell that makes me wheeze, despite my mask... luckily it's relatively shortlived.

I wish our new sanitizer smelled like rum. It's an overpowering floral/herbal smell that makes me wheeze, despite my mask... luckily it's relatively shortlived.
That’s my chief complaint with this stuff and fear going forward: they will sanitize everything to death with some kind of horrible smelling wipe or soap. I think they are adding scented sanitizer to hospital air last time I was there. Shoot me now! I may self quarantine forever if that becomes the case.

Back