A small trick for tempering accurately in Evenheat kilns...

Status
Not open for further replies.
See... I didn't get the point across well enough and you got offended... My apologies to you, sir. Your post is very helpful and I agree, not everybody knows how to use a controller. I applaud your efforts to help folks out. Again, maybe it is just me stuck on the title of the thread. After finding out that you can use the ramp to your advantage, you must have had a "doh!" moment, when you realized that a little bit of reading from the get-go could have saved that much more time and opened up even more avenues for efficiency. It just seems like this should have been a "Read your manual.. controllers are awesome!" thread, instead of narrowing it down to overshooting your mark during the temper. I use mine all the time for complex(-esque) programs to do simple things that help me free up time. You can use ramp, alarm, delay, hold, etc... to make things much easier. I often use the delay feature to set myself up for the next day... I can walk into my shop with a program well under way or run entire programs while I sleep and dream of finally dishing out coin for a power hammer. Alarms tell me when to quench, remove or check on my steel. Proper spheroidizing isn't possible without the ramp and hold functions... The list goes on.

To give it perspective, I may have been a little disappointed that you didn't take the opportunity to expand on the subject(especially now knowing you have a programming background) but in no way, am I trying to say that your thread is not appreciated. Much respect, brother.

Rick

Hey Aaron, I have had the same experience with overshoot on the default setting for ramp-up speed. I have read the manual but didn't put 2 and 2 together until you placed the "+" sign in between them for me in this thread...thanks for the tip! I have much experience and even some proficiency at missing the obvious :D

gene

Guys, I can add a piece of info to this. I have a brand new Evenheat KO 22.5 with TAPS and was experiencing the same issue. After a hardening and trying to temper, the oven would over shoot by 50deg and trip a High Temp deviation error. I changed the ramp to 500 and then 400 and it did the same thing. I finally got down to a ramp setting of 30 dag per hour and it held perfectly at 375. Hope this helps.

Rick, Holy PID, Batman, I didn't know a controller could do all those things. I don't yet own an oven but now you make me want one more than ever.

Welcome Big Arm. If yu will look at the original date of threads yo pull up you will see that this discussion was finished three years ago.

RedFury was a member before the thread was created back in 2015, so he should know better.
Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back