A special for the Sebenzaholics...

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Just got a brand new Sebbie with a Damascus Blade.

Here's the thread with all the pics:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=199982

I know that opinions are mixed on Damascus blades - especially in this forum. :D:D

So, I'm very interested to hear what a few of you fellow Sebenzaholics have to say about a Damascus blade on a Sebenza.

(I've attached a small photo so that you don't have to go back and forth.)

p.s. Mod - sorry about eating up all the bandwidth...:eek: :p :eek:

...I've got one of the bronze-coated damascus-blade small woodies, and it rests in it's mint condition peacefully in my gunsafe. Personally, I draw the line at the price of my regular, plain small for a EDC/using-folder. I don't think I could live with the sight of scratches and pocket wear on my dama-woodie!

Just personal preferece, however, as there are PLENTY of folks around here carrying, using, and enjoying the heck outta woodies, damascus-bladed, and dama-woodies alike. Let 'em chime on in...

:)

Professor.

That is a BEAUTIFUL knife you have pendentive. I would carry it without hesitation and just take reasonable and prudent care of the blade. For my part, I have no damascus Sebbies, but I do have a 2001 large ironwood regular that was my steady carry for 6 months. It has only gotten a rest because I got a large Classic with leather inlays in December that became my edc. It is now at CRK being refitted with a double thumblug and having the leather replaced ( actually it is ready and I haven't sent for it yet, but tomorrow is looking good:D) In the meantime I have been carying my large Classic with rosewood inlays. So you see, don't let that Sebbie sit hidden in a drawer, wear it, use it, and if anything happens...........well CRK knows what to do!!:D

Back