A Spyderco Pikal?

Get back on up there!

Will '06 be the year of the Pickle (Rev(;) ))?

If so, when?

If not, when?

In short, when?
:D

I am anxious myself.

Has anyone discussed this knife as a user, or is it supposed to be dedicated solely to MBC?

brainus said:
I am anxious myself.

Has anyone discussed this knife as a user, or is it supposed to be dedicated solely to MBC?

This thing is being built with liners, and the ball locks are plenty tough. It ought to be fine as a user for anything that blade shape allows (which would be a lot).:)

Well, this will probably be my first Spyderco knife (assuming I don't buy another one between now and when the Pikal comes out). It has all the sorts of things I want in an EDC knife- ~3.5" blade, wave or no-wave option (currently done by using zip-ties), solid locking system that doesn't require me to put any of my fingers across the path of the closing blade (I'm a big axis lock fan), and hopefully great ergonomics for a variety of hand positions.

Can't wait to try it when it comes out. I'm assuming we haven't seen any hints yet as to what it'll cost?

Sal, I've been very impressed with you and Spyderco in my limited time reading the forums. Rarely have I seen a company person so committed to responding to community issues and putting community ideas into real production models. You've seriously gotta be working 80+ hour weeks to make all that possible. Kudos to you, though I hope you're catching up on your sleep on the weekends or something. ;)

This knife seems to sort out my concerns with the ball lock. Though I don't have a use for a dedicated MBC knife there are features which I really hope make it into other knives. (it was nice being able to chat with him about it today in leeds)

Sorry if this was brought up elsewhere but is Sal paying Emerson any royalties for using a "wave" opening device?

I was thinking that because it's a bar that can be screwed in and out, it might be it's own beast and not need the OK by Emerson. The Waved Endura is another story but I thought it might be different with this one. Thanks for the info and quick response.

We're cutting parts for production now.

Thanx for the kind words Hornskeith, we try. Probably too many hours though.;)

Yes we do pay Ernest a royalty for the Waved models. Emerson Knives has been great to work with.

sal

Ahh! What kind of time frame does that indicate? My pocket wants one.

Thanks for letting us know, Sal!

Sal Glesser said:
We're cutting parts for production now.

Thanx for the kind words Hornskeith, we try. Probably too many ours though.;)

Yes we do pay Ernest a royalty for the Waved models. Emerson Knives has been great to work with.

sal

I posted this on the Spyderco forum, but Tazkristi may have missed it:

Will this be distributed through normal channels or will it go to certain specific retailers first (sorta like the waved Endura sprint)?

Also, will there be a package deal for trainer and live Pickle?

And, as always, thank you!:D

Sal-

I've been lurking around here for a while and I must tell you that your effort on collaborating with others will not be forgotten when I finally get my hands on it!

-GlockerChaZ

Donutz, i don't know where i read it but, iirc the pikal will be offered in a combo package (live+trainer) in a metal box.

Laceration said:
I was thinking that because it's a bar that can be screwed in and out, it might be it's own beast and not need the OK by Emerson. The Waved Endura is another story but I thought it might be different with this one. Thanks for the info and quick response.

I believe the Wave patent covers not only anything integral to the blade, but also any sort of device attached to the blade that would function in the same way.

Back