1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Tribute to Mum

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by Renwa, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Renwa

Renwa Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Being that I tell Story's in my Knives, I have done a Tribute Knife for my Mummy.
    Using an old Banksia Nut Coaster (Like a Pine Nut) that she had made back in her Woodturners Mother days and mixed in colors from some of the dress's she loved to wear, Amethyst one of her favorite Stones, Brass to represent Gold (she loved Gold) and then had the handle created, you can see the Banksia wood heart and veins.
    Blade was made in the US and then fitted all together to create the most BLING, Biggest most amazing knife ever. Because thats who Mum was, "The Blingiest most Amazing, Incredible Lady ever.

OVER ALL LENGTH 19.0 inches long
    BLADE LENGTH 13.0 inches long
    HANDLE LENGTH 6.0 inches long
    KNIFE WEIGHT 1.100 Kg
    BLADE HARDNESS 58-60 HRC
    HANDLE ACRYLIC Banksia Nut
    BLADE THICKNESS 6.19 MM

Then I engraved her story. The Knife is called "The Patricia" the story is "The Malley Bull"
    I always said Mum was a Strong as a Malley Bull and it kinda stuck. Hope you all like it.

The Malley Bull is a real creature that has lived out in the Malley Country for Generations. Out back Ozzy bush where no human lives as its to harsh. It is one of the toughest most resilient animals on Earth. It has learned to adapt to its surroundings and make the most of it. It is a fierce creature that will protect its mob, its family, its children with its life. One of the few creatures that will go with out if there is not enough and make sure its young are fed first.

It is as gentle as a kitten when it is not threatened or in danger and has been seen to play and folic with its young. They carry scars all over there bodys from fighting and from the dead branches of the scrub Malley Trees, they heal fast because they have to, they fight of sickness and fevers and never let down there vigil, there guard. The Malley Bull is a stunning, beautiful creature that commands Respect and gives it in return, if you treat it so it will be your friend for ever.

So here is "The Patricia" I hope you enjoy her.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    d.r.h., stonproject and jwccustom57 like this.
  2. Ruzster

Ruzster Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2001
    Unique and beautiful tribute to an obviously unique and beautiful lady. Here's to strong-willed and powerful moms! Cheers!

stonproject likes this.
  3. Renwa

Renwa Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Thank you so much :)