A true gem from Busse Combat

Hello to all Hogs and Piglets,
I'm a long time Busse Combat fan. Over the years many Busse knives came through my hands. I cut, batoned, chopped and even dug with them. And they never let me down. My only problem with Busse knives was that as much as I liked their larger knives I was never able to find a smaller - mid sized one that would be perfect for my woods hikes. I tried many of them - BATAC was very nice but a bit too handle heavy, SJTac was great but a tad too large, Boss Jacks handle was a bit too narrow for my liking. The tanker buster le was awesome, but a bit heavy for carrying on longer hikes, the skinny ash was awesome but again on a larger side... so - all great but not exactly perfect for my needs.
But recently I discovered the P&L Statement - and I think I found my perfect mid sized Busse knife! šŸ¤©

Everything with this knife is perfect! Hollow grind on the straight part of the blade enhances greatly cutting abilities. The flat grind on the bevel gives the tip plenty of strength for prying. The guard is pronounced and does a great job keeping the hand off the blade. The handle is very comfortable. And all this in a quite compact and not overly heavy package - great for longer woods hikes. Thanks to Jerry and the Crew for this model! I absolutely love it!

D90PyxAh.jpg

Last edited:
Hello to all Hogs and Piglets,
I'm a long time Busse Combat fan. Over the years many Busse knives came through my hands. I cut, batoned, chopped and even dug with them. And they never let me down. My only problem with Busse knives was that as much as I liked their larger knives I was never able to find a smaller - mid sized one that would be perfect for my woods hikes. I tried many of them - BATAC was very nice but a bit too handle heavy, SJTac was great but a tad too large, Boss Jacks handle was a bit too narrow for my liking. The tanker buster le was awesome, but a bit heavy for carrying on longer hikes, the skinny ash was awesome but again on a larger side... so - all great but not exactly perfect for my needs.
But recently I discovered the P&L Statement - and I think I found my perfect mid sized Busse knife! šŸ¤©

Everything with this knife is perfect! Hollow grind on the straight part of the blade enhances greatly cutting abilities. The flat grind on the bevel gives the tip plenty of strength for prying. The guard is pronounced and does a great job keeping the hand off the blade. The handle is very comfortable. And all this in a quite compact and not overly heavy package - great for longer woods hikes. Thanks to Jerry and the Crew for this model! I absolutely love it!

D90PyxAh.jpg
Thanks for the kind words, my friend!

My two sons, Paul & Luke ("P&L") combined a couple of their designs to come up with this model.

One designed the blade and the other designed the handle.

Let's Drink!

Jerry

Jerry,
so nice to hear about the siblings cooperating! :)
I have two - and they are in a phase of constant fighting over literally everything...but you give me hope! šŸ˜
Please congratulate Paul and Luke - they made an amazing blade - not only very functional, but also great looking! I can't wait what other designs they come up with!
Best wishes from Poland to the whole Busse Family! :)

Last edited:
Jerry,
so nice to hear about the siblings cooperating! :)
I have two - and they are in a phase of constant fighting over literally everything...but you give me hope! šŸ˜
Please congratulate Paul and Luke - they made an amazing blade - not only very functional, but also great looking! I can't wait what other designs they come up with!
Best wishes from Poland for the whole Busse Family! :)
I will definitely pass your best wishes on to them.

They will get a kick out of reading your comments!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

My two sons, Paul & Luke ("P&L") combined a couple of their designs to come up with this model.

Let's Drink!

Jerry

Honestly, I love both. I am surprised how comfortable the handle is even when batoning, and doing, well, anything!

And the blade is phenomenal when processing goats/caribou.

Like the f16, the handle looks like it would have a hot spot with the spine, but is phenomenally comfortable.

Let's Drink!

Jerry

That's a gem of a family tradition you started there, Boss... :)

Loved the design so much on the first run that I've had at least a half dozen Nuke's come and go since then, settled on this one and it's not leaving for anything!

Old School Busse Green w/ Red Liner!
Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 8.37.12 PM.png

Last edited:
I agree it's a great design with a visually interesting and useful blade shape in a very usable size and with a comfortable secure handle. Just an all around really good and useful design.

Back