A twist on the "TK" knife

NWA

I have been saying I have had this knife finished for a while now. I finally had some time to take a pic of it. I hope you guys like it. The differences are. More drop to the point, and a small extended tang for striking a firesteel or what ever one might think of. This one is made from 1/8" D-2, and has a firesteel in which, I made the handle.

IMG_2797.jpg

Here is a close up of the extended tang.
IMG_2805.jpg

And a shot of the firesteel in the sheath.

IMG_2804.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

I think I am going to make this one part of my line up. I just need to name it. I was first thinking........ "L.E.K." Which would stand for Law Enforcement Knife. But I'm not too sure about it. I do know that the firesteel has no place on a city cops belt though.

Nick:)

Last edited:
Nick I have discovered your knives 3 days ago and your work is very impressive.
This new design is everything I like in terms of design for such an all rounder knife.
The red spacers are adding a classy touch, great idea.

BTW could you please le us know its specs in terms of size ? I'm not sure if you're allowed to speak about it here but I'm also curious about the price range this new model.
Thanks

Nick,
as usual another beautiful work of art. Let me just say that the name L.E.K would fit it. Your right about the firesteel not having a place on a city cops belt.with this next year being my 22 year in law enforcement I know that specialized units would definetly have a use for the firesteel. Our emergency Response teams do a lot of training in the wilderness here and have done alot of cross training with various other LE agencys and I can whole heartedly say that knife would be a welcome asset to any officers kit.

Mike

Now that is one great looking knife!

That pommel would also work great as a glass breaker, among other things. Looks alot like a S.A.R. knife to me:thumbup:

Thanks guys. The specs are 4" cutting edge, width @ the widest point is
1 1/4" wide. OAL is 8 3/4".

Price point on this one will be $225.00 shipped. Which puts it right at the same price as the 4" Scout.

Nick..

Between the extended tang and more drop to the blade,,you'll have one popular knife there.

Very nice design Nick. I like the traditional handle and the drop point. The extended tang is a plus.
Is the handle the same size as the Sierra Scout?
I think you'll be making a lot of these.

As much as I love your other knives, this is my favorite design by far. Gonna start saving my money!

Man that is just sweet!

The naughty kid in me though would think of using that gator head to scare the piss out of some folks ;)

Thanks again guys. Yeah, that Gator head is pretty darn cool. My brother picked that up for me when he went to Florida a few years back. I have it on my reloading bench watching over me:eek:

I am planning a run of these knives after Christmas. I plan on posting 5 of them for sale on the fixed blade forum sale area.

Any suggestions for handle color combos would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Yep, I just checked it and it is damn near the exact same. It actually is a shade longer with the extended tang. But, the area covered by handle material is the same length. It really fits the hand nice. I recon I need to post a in the hand shot.

Very cool looking knife Nick.
If I was working, you wouldn't be calling it L.E.K.
You'd be calling it Dave's Knife....:D

Merry Christmas my friend.
Dave

Thats awsome Nick! I just changes a pattern this weekend that reminds me of this one....SORT OF :)

Fun to let the patterns change and then something happens and that change becomes a newish NEW knife recycling old patterns:thumbup:

My new pattern is 1 1/4" tall too:D:thumbup:

Back