Photos A Very Special Axe

Imagine the amount of sweat and toil that was put into this axe... can you believe she was going to cut the handle off of it!?! For what??
It’s beauty would be lost without the handle.
s490EHE.jpg

e60PXAe.jpg

dhNb8KG.jpg

T2E0hmM.jpg

pdfuw6s.jpg

Ni5S3SW.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, this really is amazing.
It's like the old pocket knife you occasionally see where the bone is worn smooth from decades of handling and pocket life, the blades are practically worn down to nothing, yet they're still sharp and ready for action.

That haft is off the hook! So nicely worn and beautiful. Hard to believe someone would want to replace it. Some estate sale finds are amazing because one can occasionally find an artifact like this with its history still intact. More often than not, that history is lost in the impersonal internet transactions that most of us get involved in today. I have a couple that I would love to know the history of. Who owned them, what they used them for. Sadly, that part of them is forgotten. You truly have found a special tool.

I knew you guys could appreciate it!
It’s crazy how the head has been polished with use. The pitch and patina on the handle too are just the results of use and wear. And how perfectly the handle fits in the hand, it feels so good to hold.

Back