A view from the office

Work was slow in my town so I ended up in manhattan on a high rise.we are averaging 3 to 4 floors a week, today we started the 24th floor.I wish I could bring my camera up here and get better pics,things are way too fast paced.The concret isnt even fully dry and we are walking on it and putting up walls for the next floor!!
532rd.jpg

53rd2nd4.jpg

53rd2nd3.jpg

53rd2nd.jpg

Things are always happening in NYC. A local guy is a surveyor working in various places ,Ground Zero, Brooklyn etc .I remember meeting a woman from Europe in the building boom of the '60s ,she just 'knew' that we were rebuilding from bombing damage from the war .Nobody could convince her otherwise !!! ....I see that the cherry blossoms are out in Brooklyn ,another sign of weird weather.

Where is all of the Iron??? Poured in place kills me.:D :D You don't even have any colums to climb.:grumpy:

Wow valimas ! That would take some getting used to brother :eek: I'd hate to have to try those nets out but I'll bet it's nice to know they're there. That is what they are for aren't they ? To catch a falling person or tools etc. ??

.I remember meeting a woman from Europe in the building boom of the '60s ,she just 'knew' that we were rebuilding from bombing damage from the war .

Mete!! Was that the 1760's or 1860's or around the Napoleonic Wars ?????:confused: :confused: :p

George , WWII ! In the old days the first high rise workers were Norwegian sailors who had been brought up climbing rigging on sailing ships ,heights didn't bother them. After that it was the crazy Mohawks ,especially from the St Regis reservation , who didn't care ! Now with the safety nets anyone can do it !..And of course we get great amusement watching tourists " Look at that Mabel , I don't understand how they can make them so tall !! "

Valimas,
one of my wife's uncles was a lifelong union ironworker.
I respected his skills and definitely his "guts" to do that work...
anymore, anything I can't jump off of and not get hurt is as high asI want to go...Thanks for the pics!

Back