A waste of expensive knives

No offence meant timdennis, As I said earlier I was just interested in the legality of it all. I realize this stuff goes on and was surprised to see it posted. I dont agree with it but on the other hand didnt mean to start a $hit storm!

Rob,

Not a $hit storm but a dose of reality. I have a LE background and had to get out due to what I saw going on. I was not the only one. There will always be good and bad people. Some of them are cops some aren't. I do not trust anyone until they've been tested. I also get my pick of used knives and sometimes guns from Police tradeins with a LE distrubuter. These are legal confiscated items that have been released after the trials. They are used by especially small departments to defray cost of buying new equipment. This is a strong debate right now about the disposal of confiscated items and the waste of taxpayer money. The primary example is used/confiscated guns. I am supposed to go tommorrow to look ate some guns that have been released back to a convicted felon. He will not take possesion of these guns they go to his lawyer then to a dealer. He was convicted on firearms charges. These firearms were deemed not to be related to the charges and were released for sale so his lawyer could be paid. I do have a moral delemma with this. Why release the guns just so his lawyer could get paid? He lost the case.

Cheers,

ts

------------------
"Cet animal est tres mechant;quand on l'attaque il se defend."("This animal is very mischievous: when it is attacked it defends itself")

I was stopped on 29N in Nelson County, VA on a road trip by a county mountie for speeding (he was in a red Explorer for anyone interested). I had my Sig on the dash (as per VA law) and he freaked. He thought I was committing a class 1 misdemeanor by transporting a loaded weapon. I knew the VA law and that I was well within it. After 20 minutes of arguing with him, I demanded a receipt and pointed to his law book that I wasn't in the wrong. Some officers are major boneheads!

L8R
Chris

Cpr,

I feel your pain. If they did not wear uniforms were I am from they would be called criminals.

------------------
Drac Noroc

A mind is like a
parachute, it only functions when open.

AKTI # BA00013

Back