...a word about Mr. Branton and the Branton Knife Company

Let me begin by apologizing for not posting to this forum until now, but I am glad I have an opportunity to say a few words about Bobby.

Bobby Branton is what I like to refer to as a "sleeper" in our industry. I didn't say "coma", but "sleeper", because our industry is just awakening to what some people have known for a long time.

While he has been typically been known for the past 15 years as a maker and professional user of arguably the finest throwing knives in the world, Bobby's skill and understanding of knifemaking in an overall sense, as a craft and art form, is nearly unmatched. This was demonstrated early in my business relationship with him while he supervised our forging operations at American Tomahawk Company. His custom work on our Hawks was also featured on the cover of Knives Illustrated.

Bobby has studied with some of the industry's true masters and remains a protoge' of George Herron to this day. His grinding and finishing skill can please the most discriminating buyer.

His passion is knives and it was that passion that functioned as the single deciding factor in Bobby's setting off on his own in starting the Branton Knife Company. Tomahawks just weren't doing it for him. We miss Bobby, but Justin and I still talk to him often and seek his consultation on a regular basis.

Branton Knife Company is already becoming known around the world for its Merrill's Marauders Knife...an unprecedented project when you think about it, garnering the respect of many due to Walter Brend's inclusion, as well as an official relationship to an association of some of the TOUGHEST men that ever walked the planet!

Recently, Bobby and I have discussed a new project which will be in keeping with his emphasis on Tough Men, using Tough Tools in Tough Situations and I will leave up to him to divulge it when he feels the time is right. But what I will say about it now is that it ain't a Hawk! ;) and it wouldn't be an American Tomahawk collaborative project if it didn't have its roots in SOMETHING related to our Hawks, so stay tuned friends!!!! ;)

Stick with Bobby and watch his business grow...you'll be glad you did.

I am glad somebody has come up with an excellent account of this outfit.

When I first saw the name, I was puzzled. I have not heard of it before.

I hope Branton succeeds. I will be watching its developments very closely.

Hope to hold one of its knives in my hands one of these days.

Andy Prisco's testimony should be a signpost for Branton's future. It can't help but succeed.

Good luck, Bobby.

Back