A word about Mr.Simonich's edge.

Been usin a mid tech raven for a while now and just gotta compliment Mr.Simonich on a great edge design.One of my personal tests for a blade is the swipe through a 1 inch sapling,a good edge profile should make this possible while the Raven is extra impressive.Believe it or not although not designed specifically for it it chops very well.Something else I did with it today I never have done with any other of my blades was to slice cleanly thru wet cardboard.I picked up a piece from my pistol range just playin around and while holdin it in one hand made three complete and clean swipes all the way through.Fileted fish with it as well alythough its a bit large it did perform the task effortlessly.Something else of a plus is the integral gaurd design,I like it.It gives a very secure feel.I am still curious on this new steel and its long term performance as I have never used it.So far I love it,holds edge very well and is still shaving sharp.Great design and especially love that high edge it really cuts.When the small Raven's come out I will be first on the list!

Back