A workin' hammer poll hawk...

A fairly plain hawk we finished up. Edge hardened and tempered, we also harden and temper the hammer poll face just like a regular hammer..
Picture133-1.jpg

Picture135.jpg

Excellent work! :thumbup: The head looks unfinished? How rust-prone is the head?

Last edited:
looks like a great hawk, though I purely out of preference like a lower angle convex edge.

Excellent work! :thumbup: The head looks unfinished? How rust-prone is the head?

Often we do put some sort of finish on them but sometimes we dont. We had some folks wanting them unfinished so we make sure and leave a few like that now. My personal "fence line" hawk is unfinished, forged from a rasp. When I get done using it I spray a mist of wd40 on it or wipe it off with a oily rag. My hawk hangs in the shop and Ive never had problems with it rusting. A forge finish or a blued finish is pretty rust resistant rom what Ive seen.
When Im killing chickens with it I make sure and get the blood off ;) Blood rust is tough :D

Last edited:
i really enjoy lookin at these hawks.especially this one.i don't own any but am on my way after lookin at the trail hawk mods,but in my opinion it's har for them mods to match the looks of this one,i really like the file work.i am a little ignorant on this subject but that is just a nice hawk to me..

I am liking that thing even more now that I know it's going to a good permanent home in the hills and ridges of good ol east Tennessee.

Shouldent take long to get there, your probably no more than a few hours from us :D

Got em both today.They are better than I thought.Thank you very much.I hope to get more.

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC