A100

Gizler00

Gold Member
So after many years of back and forth, I have decided to grab an A-100. I really wanted to try the mini but they seem to be unavailable everywhere and anywhere.

I have owned a few Emerson’s over the last 2 decades and loved everyone. I still have my original CQC7b from 2000 that my dad got me back then. Its since been retired for nostalgic reasons.

Post yo some pictures of your A100’s!! I need something to hold me over!

oIEThOF.jpg

vd1btG2.jpg

A-100 next a Horseman.

vPhx1DT.mp4

I added an Emerson deep carry clip.

iN1tWowh.jpg

I picked this one up as a birthday gift to myself. Thunderstorm finish, and I didn't realize the area above the liner lock release was relieved, which was a nice surprise.

Easily my favorite Emerson design, maybe the only one I like anymore. No wave to get in the way, no funky finger grooves locking my hand into just one grip. Just a nice, simple, versatile design.

iN1tWowh.jpg

I picked this one up as a birthday gift to myself. Thunderstorm finish, and I didn't realize the area above the liner lock release was relieved, which was a nice surprise.

Easily my favorite Emerson design, maybe the only one I like anymore. No wave to get in the way, no funky finger grooves locking my hand into just one grip. Just a nice, simple, versatile design.
How’s the thunderstorm finish? Looks awesome.

Cool little trick, if you practice it a little, you can use your thumb and open the knife like a front flipper.

How’s the thunderstorm finish? Looks awesome.

Cool little trick, if you practice it a little, you can use your thumb and open the knife like a front flipper.
I sometimes use the flipper trick to open it up, but I mostly use the thumb disc because it's more reliable. Still fun though.

I'm digging the Thunderbolt finish. I haven't seen what it's actually supposed to be, but it reminds me of an acid wash almost. It seems to wear well, and it does a good job of hiding scratches.

iN1tWowh.jpg

I sometimes use the flipper trick to open it up, but I mostly use the thumb disc because it's more reliable. Still fun though.

I'm digging the Thunderbolt finish. I haven't seen what it's actually supposed to be, but it reminds me of an acid wash almost. It seems to wear well, and it does a good job of hiding scratches.

Awesome looking blade! I really wanted the thunderstorm finish, but there weren’t any in stock.

Well my knife arrived and I couldn’t be happier! I have had a few Emerson’s in the last 23 years one I still have. It’s a 2000 model year cqc7b. Every Emerson knife I have owned has been perfect all around. But……..this last one……has to be one of the nicest if not the nicest Emerson, and one of the nicest knives I have ever received. And I own a few crks, I’ve owned hinderers, medfords, high end customs….

This knife it so tight, yet so smooth it’s crazy. No movement in any direction. It came hair popping sharp. I absolutely love the design more than I thought I would. I was afraid that it was going to be too large. But it actually feels smaller than my large Inkosi and just smaller in general. I was afraid I was going to regret not trying to find a mini a-100. This knife fits me perfect. I have been absolutely loving it!!

Here are a few pics !

4850BB32-25E7-4473-BC09-1583C1CF3CB0.jpeg

2AAB5A4C-5099-4196-B3D1-56DCE7117C54.jpeg

DE1ED6F7-6EB9-48B1-AC08-2555D756A07E.jpeg
537A142D-2AC5-4EA9-B6CF-D6E290DC50D5.jpeg
1B5B206C-E2DC-4C5A-BB57-3058ED387139.jpeg

Well after reluctantly selling this A-100 pictured above……..I have circled back around and picked up another one. This time it’s in the thunderstorm finish. They had 4 left on their website so I snagged one.

I have been wanting another no frills, no proprietary hardware knife that will be on me. Pretty excited to get this one in the thunderstorm finish.

Back