AA Forge Collections

I will post a picture of the 3 I own but please let me say that AA Forge knives are easily the sharpest knives of my entire collection, sharper than my Oz Roosevelt(which is the sharpest in my entire folder collection of about 380), and any Spyderco, any custom folder or fixed blade, any CKF Evo or Snafu, all my Bark Rivers, etc. It’s shocking how sharp he makes these. The second place fixed blade for sharpness is my Dark Timber and Malanika/TRC Apocalypse is right behind that.

There is only 1 exception to the sharpness reference and I somehow forgot to mention Rockstead. My Rocksteads might be sharper but it might be a tie and that says it all!!!!

I am learning to sharpen on my Wicked Edge setup but it’s really nice when you pay $350 or so for a knife and it shows up with the best edge of anything I’ve ever bought.

Interesting story, I met Adam at the 2021 bladeshow in Atlanta and he said that someone told him years ago that his knives weren’t that sharp and he told me that motivated him to never hear that comment EVER again. Not only are these the sharpest knives I’ve ever experienced but they are also some of the most beautifully made knives made especially for $250-$400. They are extremely comfortable in hand. Recently picked up a Bushcrafter in Magnacut with Blue Box Elder Burl from a Friday drop and I absolutely love it!!!!!!

Last edited:
I will post a picture of the 3 I own but please let me say that AA Forge knives are easily the sharpest knives of my entire collection, sharper than my Oz Roosevelt(which is the sharpest in my entire folder collection of about 380), and any Spyderco, any custom folder or fixed blade, any CKF Evo or Snafu, all my Bark Rivers, etc. It’s shocking how sharp he makes these. The second place fixed blade for sharpness is my Dark Timber and Malanika/TRC Apocalypse is right behind that.

I am learning to sharpen on my Wicked Edge setup but it’s really nice when you pay $350 or so for a knife and it shows up with the best edge of anything I’ve ever bought.

Interesting story, I met Adam at the 2021 bladeshow in Atlanta and he said that someone told him years ago that his knives weren’t that sharp and he told me that motivated him to never hear that comment EVER again. Not only are these the sharpest knives I’ve ever experienced but they are also some of the most beautifully made knives made especially for $250-$400. They are extremely comfortable in hand. Recently picked up a Bushcrafter in Magnacut with Blue Box Elder Burl from a Friday drop and I absolutely love it!!!!!!

Agreed. I carry Adam’s knives regularly. The only others are my Dark Timber Tavi and Spyderco Para3, if a folder is necessary. His EDC models above are my favorites. I’m on the road a lot, so having something that can go from the burbs to the backwoods is a huge plus. The ergonomics on his knives are awesome and like you mentioned the sharpness and grinds are great too. I wish he still produced some models like these above. I’d replace a few of these models for ones in AEBL & Ironwood and keep only one or two in high carbon. The Mini-Kephart is the only one I ordered directly of these… I have a couple larger ones for camping, hunting, & kitchen duty.

Your bushcrafter is a beut!

Last edited:
these are from the early days when I found about AA Forge knives before he really became noticed. Old style, beefy and just fun. I think the top is1095 and the other two are 1084, I have shown this before, just time to show again.

DFA57398-E554-438E-9E52-5DF51402AF32.jpegDFA57398-E554-438E-9E52-5DF51402AF32.jpeg

Last edited:
The top one is based on the lines of a Mike Mann Cumberland, with cocobolo scales, the Middle is a Hudson Bay type and the bottom is a trade knife. I think the last two are walnut.0C6757F6-E457-44C4-9F70-BFB7EE50C0B1.jpeg

Last edited:
Back