about shafts of CS hawks

Hi you all.

I have CS hawks , but the orignal shafts are not good enough , i think.
so i wanna buy high Q hardwood shafts that suit for my CS hawks, and i can not find out where to buy.
do you cool guys have any clue ?

If you want a quality tomahawk handle or haft ( not a shaft FYI )
I don't know where to buy one, but you could get a good pick handle to cut and carve down.
A pick handle is basically a giant tomahawk handle, which doesn't really mean anything but I think you should able to get 2 tomahawk handles out of one good pick handle.

You could also try maybe a GI pick handle from house handle, not sure how long they are but I'll bet they'd fit.

I know very little about Cold Steel products but I can't imagine them using anything but hardwood (which is likely Hickory) for their handles. What's the problem with these?
Some of the really strong and durable woods for handles are Osage Orange (if you're a westerner) and Ironwood (either Blue Beech or Hop Hornbeam) if you're in the east. You won't be able to find this material at a specialty lumber store though. If you can get hold of some sticks or billets you can then whittle out handles exactly the way you want.

Thank both of you Hickory n steel & 300Six ,
I'm a Chinese and live in mainland China, it is not easy to get what you have mentioned above.
my CS hawk's hafts are not ideal , and i wanna get some better hafts.

There will be some types of wood native to China that lend themselves very well for making handles. For you it's going to be a question of figuring out which ones you want, befriending some wood cutters or forest workers to get ahold of some, and investing in some hand tools such as a drawknife and rasp.

Uhm, they have a couple of native species of hickory over there:

Latin names are:

Carya sect. Sinocarya – Asian hickories
Aside from the Hickories there will be numerous woods over there that fill the bill. Many inexpensive hammers exported to n. America feature some sort of very hard and durable wood that looks to be a type of White Oak. If you search around and ask professional woodworkers they'll steer you in the right direction.

Back