Acid Stonewashing 1st attempt.

I put some scratches on one of my blades. After I "cleaned" them up I did not like what I did to the overall finished. It was a bit too polished. So.... why not learn how to do acid or stone washing. I love fiddling with my knives.

So I have some cheap clones to play with before I try it on a good knife. I put a video together about how I did it. I do have some questions.

1. What is better for stone washing, rotary tumbler, Shaker Tumbler, or other?
2. What is the best medium to used for the washing?
3. What is the best lubricant to use with the medium like WD-40 or soapy water, etc.
4. What is the best wasy to protect the edge during stonewashing
5. What do you think of my results?

I really appreciate your passion for all things knifes. I think the blade turned out very well!! But I don't have a great speaker on my laptop so tough to here your commentary and some of your video's are a little long. I am not trying to bash you just my observation on how your video's could be improved. Keep up the good work!!

i have to say,you got guts! video turned out good if not a little long!but better then i can do,fact is over last 13 years i have not even made one single u-tube video,just no guts! i also just love working on my knifes even if i keep it to myself,but enjoy watching others like yourself,i have used my RCBS rotary tumbler,don't remember what medium size i used!and do remember the WD-40 helped and i used nail polish to protect important parts of the blade,hang in there things are looking at this point.

Back