Acquisition

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Camillus, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Duper

Duper Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Get this damn COVID over and I am ready to go!

,,,,Mike in Canada

2. willard0341

willard0341 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2013
    image.jpg

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    JohnDF, Jak3, Old Engineer and 2 others like this.
  3. Duper

Duper Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2016
    OK, curious, what brings this nice knife to this particular thread?

,,,Mike in Canada

4. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Everything in Moderation.
    At the time of my wife attacking me with the family law court my collection was valued roughly at 7K aud. It was a part of the soul destroying process of having my home, ,family, love, personal possessions and most of all ...memories and sense of place....reduced to a monetary figure and amputated by a pack of obscenely overpaid legal jackals with the threat of imprisonment should I have been inclined to retrieve my belongings. And heres me thinking armed robbery is still a crime:rolleyes:o_O:D.
    She paid the entire bill ...I withdrew my legal costs from what was still my mortgage...and they fought me for it.:confused:...enough for 3 knife collections and a decent used car for both Sons....I kept my pension intact ...and I still have my collection...which at the time of writing this is larger and undoubtedly more valuable...My team were angling for an extended proceeding$$$....Ive always preferred to walk away from a fight when Ive spoken my mind....not everyone agrees ..so what? I took a massive financial hit but Sons still live in the home they grew up in...whatever decisions are made by their mum regarding that in the future are hers alone...I can only hope they are wise ones ....so far thats not looking likely...
    So make hay while the sun shines because theres one thing money can't buy...poverty.

willard0341 and sitflyer like this.
  5. willard0341

willard0341 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2013
    I was going to make a comment and then deleted it (left the pic of the knife).have a good evening