Active Duty

If your FXM is a production version, the AD is a full tang. Pretty dang solid li'l knife. :thumbsup:
Unless this has changed recently, the FXM prod has a skeletonized full tang. Rather large cutouts.
But I understand. I have & use a custom FXM and it is a great design, I also have too many XM-18's for the same reason lol
I also love AD's :thumbsup:
Other than that & INFI, the rest is which one fits YOU better ergonomically & on the belt?
And should you give up a solid reliable fixie for an OTF? ;):D:D
But seriously, which one fits you best? Which do you grab first most of the time? Really, that should be what counts the most to you in the decision. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

If your FXM is a production version, the AD is a full tang. Pretty dang solid li'l knife. :thumbsup:
Unless this has changed recently, the FXM prod has a skeletonized full tang. Rather large cutouts.
But I understand. I have & use a custom FXM and it is a great design, I also have too many XM-18's for the same reason lol
I also love AD's :thumbsup:
Other than that & INFI, the rest is which one fits YOU better ergonomically & on the belt?
And should you give up a solid reliable fixie for an OTF? ;):D:D
But seriously, which one fits you best? Which do you grab first most of the time? Really, that should be what counts the most to you in the decision. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The FXM I got is a production model. I carry it daily and the AD sits in my drawer. I used it abit when I first got it and then I started carrying a Spartan Enyo which got replaced with the FXM. The police department I just joined has given the okay for us to have autos so I figured it maybe time to get myself one. I just dont know which otf I want? Ultratech? Or Heritic manticore?
I just dont use the AD and the FXM just fits me better. Sure getting rid of a quality fixed blade for an otf may not be a smart decision, but I never claimed to be smart....lol!

The FXM I got is a production model. I carry it daily and the AD sits in my drawer. I used it abit when I first got it and then I started carrying a Spartan Enyo which got replaced with the FXM. The police department I just joined has given the okay for us to have autos so I figured it maybe time to get myself one. I just dont know which otf I want? Ultratech? Or Heritic manticore?
I just dont use the AD and the FXM just fits me better. Sure getting rid of a quality fixed blade for an otf may not be a smart decision, but I never claimed to be smart....lol!
I don't know much about OTF's, and which are quality. Having played with a few here & there (Blade, different shops) over the years, every one failed to fully deploy at least once. I can't trust 'em. Have you looked at Severtech autos?

The Active Duty series was my entry-level Busse, but after years of other models, it's the one I keep coming back to - I keep two .125 Boney ADs indoors for kitchen work and in my home office desk drawer for general purpose tasks, a .210 Heavy Duty in the truck console, and one of several military ADs (almost as thick as the HD) on for day hikes. Like others have said, it's a near perfect EDC (I won't go into the small choil issues - some like it or don't mind it, others hate it - personal taste).
That said, I do carry a Game Warden at work downtown and for city wear because of its smaller size and friendlier appearance to non-knife folks. It also fits better in my flight suit or flight jacket pocket - like the one in my avatar photo.

Last edited:
The Active Duty is a fixed blade I trust to not fail and as long as I'm not using it as a Pry Bar will fit most small tasks. I have mixed feelings on OTF's I have a couple and consider them Adult Fidget Spinners. So far the Ultratech has seen the most use as far as deploying the blade, but I would not trade it out for a fixed blade. I have not considered selling the Ultratech I don't think the secondary
market is the place for 2nd Hand OTF's. My fear is that who ever purchases it will deploy it the first time and the blade will shoot across the room...:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Love mine. Even more after I borked it up and REK fixed it..
EDC_9_30_27.jpg

I don't know much about OTF's, and which are quality. Having played with a few here & there (Blade, different shops) over the years, every one failed to fully deploy at least once. I can't trust 'em. Have you looked at Severtech autos?

Ill look into Severtech....thanks! I've had a few otfs but never kept any of them. I just feel like I need one in my small collection....lol

My AD has been my faithful EDC that has ridden on my belt for YEARS teaching in Alaska, Wyoming, and Utah. It's only been recently replaced (temporarily) by my LT Wright Jessmuk-C I'm carrying to test for a friend. However, I still would grab my AD if I knew I was going to have a STRONG need for a strong knife. I like the Jessmuk-C, AEB-L is turning out to be a good steel, and the Ulu-shaped blade reminds me of the knives of my fellow Inupiat. However, if push comes to shove, there is no substitute for INFI.

t3plTWN.jpg

Great little knife l. My BG version was my edc for a good while.

Maybe I'll put it in rotation again, if I only knew where it was. .

I have a older military over run one and a newer BG one and a meaner street. They are just awesome edc do all tanks. Love them. Had a BAD once and was nice but I like the beefier ones. I always have a folder for slicey stuff.

Back