AD-10 and AD-15 Shipping

I got my AD10 in today and am very impressed! I am always a little nervous when I buy a CS that the Tri-Ad lock is going to be incredibly stiff to close like some models I have owned in the past. That is not the case with the AD10 that I received. Incredibly smooth action out of the box. Also, I want to give CS credit for being the most consistent in delivering a razor-sharp factory edge. I do not remember ever receiving a new CS that had a poor factory edge. I can't say the same for CRK, BM, ZT, Hinderer, or Spyderco. Finally, the ergonomics of the AD10 in hand are amazing. Time will tell, but the AD10 looks like it will take the place of my XM-18 as my tank knife.
I've gotten bad cold steel edges before. more than 1. same applies to about every other brand knife, i own, including spyderco and Kershaw.

this ad15 I got is very sharp with decent bevels and well done though.

I had it happen once. Same number of times it happened with Spyderco. Actually can't recall it ever happening with Kershaw which is surprising.
I've definitely seen a few CS knives with horrid factory edges. My American Lawman and SR1 were uneven and needed to be sharpened out of the box.

I've noticed with Cold Steel that while the edge is usually sharp, the bevels are often at very different angles even if the width of the bevels is the same. In other words, the edge isn't centered. It's like they oversharpen it on one side so they then lower the angle on the other side to make the bevel the same width.
Spyderco does a better job with sharpening.

Massdrop has the AD-10 and AD-15 at $119.99 right now. Not shipping till next month, but I couldn't resist at least trying the AD-15 at that price.

I saw that on the description page, but they are both $119.99 when checking out. Hard to know what's intended with Massdrop. They seem to throw things up with the smallest amount of effort possible.

I saw that on the description page, but they are both $119.99 when checking out. Hard to know what's intended with Massdrop. They seem to throw things up with the smallest amount of effort possible.

Did they charge for shipping? I ordered mine from DLT and expect it here tomorrow.

Apparently it was an error because the checkout page now reflects the advertised price.

I just got my AD-15 in yesterday and it's very nice. Just curious, does anyone know how the scorpion lock compares to the tri-ad in terms of strength? I understand the Tri-ad is going to be the stronger of the two.

One thing Andrew said in a video was that the Scorpion Lock would not handle spine whacks well. But other than that I've heard that it is plenty strong.

The AD10 I received today is the nicest knife I have ever owned. But, the clip is soooo tight, it is unusable. Any tips for adjusting it?

Reducing the clip's width will weaken the spring, alleviating clip tension and sparing your pocket...at least in theory.

I removed the clip, set it on a flat surface (as if on the knife)
pressing down the area where the screws holes are... this will show you how the clip sits, and if theres any distance
between the surface and the end of the clip (usually none). Now bend the clip up, and set it back on the flat surface,
while pressing on area where the screws holes are. Usually you will start to see a bit of a gap,
this will tell you that you've bent it up a bit. Now install it back on knife and try it in the pocket.
Adjust as needed while using the flat surface as a "distance/gap" meter... because it doesn't take but a few
thousands of an inch usually.

Just wanted to say that I have been enjoying the AD10 so far! Here it is compared to my other tank knife. The AD10 is by far my favorite CS knife to date. :thumbsup:

IxGtZXf.jpg
ZJK5ANF.jpg

Anyone else have an AD-15 that's hard to open and hard to close? Mine takes a great deal of force to break the detent, and pretty much takes two hands to close, or a lot of effort with one hand. Watched countless videos and it definitely is not as effortless as other people's ad-15's. Thinking about returning it.

The pivot screw isn't too tight?

Loosend it to the point of severe blade play and it's just as bad. Breaking the detent is insane, I think the pin on the yoke is sitting too deep in the groove making it very hard to engage and disengage.

Back