1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Add "issue resolved" to solved problem thread titles.

Discussion in 'Kershaw Knives / Zero Tolerance' started by kneedeep, Jan 22, 2013.

1. kneedeep

kneedeep

Jan 28, 2007
    Looking at the number of issue and problem threads posted here, and the amount of effort contributed toward resolving them by our incredibly knowledgable community and our kind moderators from Kai; I was thinking it might be useful, even helpful if the thread titles could be edited to indicate that the issue is resolved, or problem solved, when that is the case. If the OP can't edit the title, then perhaps a Mod could with the OP's permission.

I think this would be a big help for people searching the forum for similar solutions and may help indicate that the poster was actually looking for a solution as opposed to wanting to start something that really belongs in Whine & Cheese.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  2. SPXTrader

SPXTrader

Dec 26, 2006
    That's a good idea Glenn, but there's one potential problem...if the title is completely edited to just say Fixed! or Resolved!, it limits the search function. Doing something like "HALP! My (insert KAI product here) is (insert problem here)!" If that were changed to "HALP! My (insert KAI product here) is (insert problem here) -- FIXED! (or PROBLEM RESOLVED!) would still leave the title in tact, so the BF search engine would continue to work. The very few issues I've had over the years have all been rectified using the knowledge base of BFC. A world of info is here...everybody should take advantage of it.

Reader's Digest version: Yeah, I'm in agreement with ya!

3. kneedeep

kneedeep

Jan 28, 2007
    Thanks for stating that more clearly. I did actually mean edit the title with the addendum "issue resolved" so the original issue was still visible.

4. bad_juju

bad_juju Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 7, 2011
    That would be a great idea. I'm all for making it easier to search for any resolutions. You have my vote! :thumbup:

5. 2brothers

2brothers

Apr 22, 2007
    I think this is a great idea.

6. oregonknifenerd

oregonknifenerd

Dec 5, 2011
    Brilliant!

7. ono724

ono724

Jul 17, 2010
    I think this is a great idea. Maybe add a brief description of the issue in the title (ie, liner sticking or blade not center, etc)

8. BobSig

BobSig

May 6, 2011
    Very good idea. The OP could edit their first post to include the update also and help anyone else with a similar issue.

9. BobSig

BobSig

May 6, 2011
    Still a good idea

10. oregonknifenerd

oregonknifenerd

Dec 5, 2011
    Hope people will see this and put this idea to action.

11. TotalDbag

TotalDbag

Nov 3, 2012
    Great Idea. I'm going to start doing that to my threads.

12. SPXTrader

SPXTrader

Dec 26, 2006
    Bump this back up. Its a good idea, and it should be used in this forum.

13. kneedeep

kneedeep

Jan 28, 2007
    I suppose it couldn't hurt to politely ask OPs to do this if you see a thread where it is appropriate.

14. whateatsrabbits

whateatsrabbits

Nov 24, 2011
    Once an issue has been resolved move it to a ISSUES resolved sticky. So we can make an index.

15. 9blades

9blades

Dec 29, 2012
    Good idea ill start putting that in my title when I'm done!